The Walt Disney Company Project Manager in Anaheim, California
As a Project Manager, you will be accountable to ensure that all assigned projects are accurately prioritized, crafted, and performed with an emphasis on strict scope, budget, and schedule control. You will lead the implementation of assigned projects. You will perform accountabilities according to established operating procedures and will take an active role in continually improving these processes. The position objective is to run each assigned project from creation to completion. The goal of this position is to complete projects within the approved budget and schedule with the highest quality and most cost-effectively and efficiently.
You will report to the Program Manager.
- Lead overall project safety, acquiring final approval for contractor-submitted safety plans and compliance with the project safety plan. Includes compliance to all regulatory (OSHA) requirements, corporate governance requirements, and Facilities Asset Management (FAM) Standard Operating Guidelines.
PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT:
- Lead all aspects of the development, planning, execution, and closeout of the project throughout the project life. Includes project design, development, implementation, budget, cash flow reporting, and maintaining accurate Estimated Forecast to Complete (EFC) for financial reporting, and maintenance of all job files.
TEAMWORK AND COLLABORATION:
- Assemble project teams with internal and external resources to complete all assigned projects and coordinate to ensure that they are working as an integrated team in delivering against project goals.
- Provide support for the administration of contracts including the scope of work, unit costing items, bid alternates, and operational constraints required for contract preparation.
- Run the project schedule, establishing critical path tasks to ensure schedule compliance and ensuring accurate man-loading requirements of the contractor to achieve the desired completion date.
- Coordinate operational constraints and job goals together to achieve a seamless project, including communication with Partners, Clients, and management regarding project status, schedule, financial and guest impacts.
- Technically proficient with various software programs such as construction management software and Microsoft suite of products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) Use project and contract management systems in the daily operation of the business.
- Handle the change order process within the department guidelines, while updating the project budget and Estimated Forecast to Complete (EFC) based on project-driven cost trends.
Four years of project management/construction management in hospitality, commercial and industrial construction.
Knowledge of project management process and shown ability to handle a portfolio of projects of more than $6 M annually.
Knowledge of project accounting, estimating, scheduling, budgeting, document management, best value contracting, contract management, and cost forecasting.
Knowledge of construction materials, methods, and techniques. Familiarity with all construction applicable codes, i.e., UBC, NEC & UFC.
Ability to prepare presentations for department management reviews that drive related decisions.
Outstanding attention to detail and organization skills, as well as problem-solving skills.
Identify project-related risks and propose mitigation plans.
- Project management/construction management within a Theme Park environment.
- Four-year college degree (BA / BS) in project/construction management or related field and 4+ years of applicable hands-on project/ construction experience.
- Two years of college and 8+ years of applicable hands-on project/construction experience.
- MBA in Project / Construction Management or a related field.
The hiring range for this position in Anaheim, CA is $99,440.00 to $136,730.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographical region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
Our Benefits: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities, and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
Job ID: 10044667
Job Posting Company: Disneyland Resort
The Walt Disney Company and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities. If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or apply for a position, email Candidate.Accommodations@Disney.com with your request. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or correspondence. We will only respond to those requests that are related to the accessibility of the online application system due to a disability.