Applied Materials Buyer II in Austin, Texas
Works with Primary Planners and Suppliers to coordinate and execute smooth transition of ECR/ECO changes from Obsolete to Replacement parts.
Quotes materials; procures materials, components, equipment and services at the lowest cost consistent with consideration of quality, reliability of source and urgency of need. Expedites and ensures the timely receipt of materials.
Reviews MRP on a regular basis. Executes PR-PO conversions, pull ins, push outs and planned orders as prioritized. Identifies supply gaps and escalates as necessary to materials management. Reviews and ensures actions per disposition of ECOs on a worldwide basis.
Works with Engineering & MPM to plan smooth transition of Obsolete to replacement part while ensuring np to low excess inventory of Obs parts. Leads problem resolution for material related accounting and receiving issues.
Maintains inventory levels per plan and performs E&Z analysis. Minimizes excess and zero demand inventory. Provides input to management regarding action plans to address long term issues.
Develops methods of business simplification for the procurement function. Assists or participates with the development of ISO documents for the purchasing function.
Pulls and reads part specifications and engineering drawings. Utilizes knowledge of material types to communicate with engineers and suppliers. Provides feedback to engineering for cost and inventory reduction efforts.
Demonstrates Intermediate Excel skills to effectively plan SCO transition activities and publishing reports on a regular fashion to senior Management.
- Demonstrates expanded conceptual knowledge in own discipline and broadens capabilities
- Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work
- No supervisory responsibilities but provides informal guidance to new team members
- Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
- Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team; works within guidelines and policies
- Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations
Years of Experience:
1 - 2 Years
Yes, 10% of the Time
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.