Amazon Sr. Business Development Mgr, Category Business Development - Amazon Business in Austin, Texas
We are looking for a high caliber Senior Business Development Manager to lead the B2B business across multiple categories and build programmatic foundations to scale. It is an exciting opportunity that requires someone who can deliver results for Amazon Business customer and suppliers. They will be focused on driving the Amazon Business growth in their assigned category or spend segment. This role is high profile and a successful candidate will need to earn trust and influence category stakeholders and suppliers. Leadership presence, ability to write, and crisp communication is required.
Key job responsibilities
1) Owning input and output goals across their categories in addition to project ownership
2) Proven record of driving strategic supplier negotiations and delivering outsized results. Comfortable representing Amazon when meeting with senior executives from our suppliers.
3) Effective at setting goals and strategic direction for the business, ensuring alignment with broader B2B business goals and vision.
4) Skilled communicator in working with Amazon partners and suppliers, as well as with internal groups to deliver a better customer experience.
5) Strong in cross functional collaboration on necessary systems and processes to support business needs.
6) Adept at identifying industry trends that are relevant to customer selection and experience.
About the team
The Category Business Development team is an inclusive and high energy team environment. We take pride in working hard to improve the procurement experience for professional customers on Amazon Business. We foster an environment of growth through personal and professional development. The team supports one another and a culture of experimentation, learning through our successes and our failures.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Austin, TX, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
5+ years of professional or military experience
Experience structuring and negotiating complex agreements and leading cross-functional groups to orchestrate and successfully complete deals
Experience influencing multiple stakeholders and leading cross functional teams across geographies and business units
Experience interpreting data and making business recommendations
Experience with business development, partnership management, or sourcing new business
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $115,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $213,800/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. This position will remain posted until filled. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.