Northwell Health Medical Assistant in Bay Shore, New York
Req Number 88319
Administers para-professional nursing care. Duties include, but are not limited to, preparing patient for physician and administering and/or recording laboratory tests. Assists in coordinating organization of patient needs including preparation and organization of patient clinic charts.
- Collaborates with members of health care team in coordinating and implementing plans for patient care.May record patient history for medical staff review.
- Performs measurement and screening procedures according to protocol which may include, but is not limited to, height, weight, head circumference, blood pressure, pulse, temperature, audiometry and vision testing.Records and plots findings on patient chart.
- Collects specimens including drawing blood, and/or assists the physician or nurses in collection of specimens, as required.Completes requisitions, labels and routes specimens according to standard procedure.
- May perform electrocardiograms in accordance with physician orders.
- Assists physicians and nurses with examinations and procedures related to the clinical area-of-assignment
Ensures patient is properly undressed and draped,
Provides instruments to physicians,
Holds patient as required, and
Assists patient after examination.
- Maintains orderliness and cleanliness of examination rooms; stocks assigned rooms and cupboards and insures that par levels of supplies are maintained on a daily basis.
- Insures that all data collected for procedures performed is recorded clearly and accurately on appropriate forms and in medical records.
- Performs variety of other functions such as maintaining medical records, processing insurance forms, preparing financial records, etc.
Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
Successful completion of a six-month (6) to one (1) year course in Medical Assisting at an accredited school, required.
Prior experience and demonstrated competence as a Medical Assistant, preferred.
Data entry skills (80 keystrokes per minute), required.
Ability to communicate effectively.
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated contracts, budget and internal equity).
The salary range for this position is $23.79-$25.08/hour
It is Northwell Health’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity and treat all applicants and employees equally regardless of their age, race, creed/religion, color, national origin, immigration status or citizenship status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, sex/gender, gender identity, gender expression, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital or familial status, partnership status, victim of domestic violence, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.