Siemens National Sales Manager - Machine Tool Systems in Boston, Massachusetts
Job Family: Sales
Req ID: 336480
*This job is available remotely anywhere in the midwest or northeast with close proximity to a major international airport
From digitalization to electrification and automation, Siemens is changing the world you live in and the places you work. Being part of our company lets you solve complex challenges, every day. Our people help to move the world forward. We are 351,000 innovators creating a new vision for the next generation.
Siemens Industry – Machine Tool Systems Segment is searching for a National Sales Manager for the US territory, leading a team of Account Managers, spread throughout the US within their assigned territories. Target customers are CNC machine builders with manufacturing sites in the United States. Business with the customers is conducted directly, not through distribution. The main product is CNC controls, and increasingly software to drive productivity / efficiency improvement
Siemens has fully adopted to the new way of working. This position will provide a great balance of working remotely and occasionally spending time in the Elk Grove Village, IL office. Travel is estimated at 50%-60%.
This is a key role within the Machine Tool Systems segment for our continued success. The candidate will be responsible for providing clear leadership to the Account Managers, aligned with Siemens’ Corporate business strategy. Another key responsibility is to drive a high-performance work environment by promoting ownership and a learning / growth mindset. The goal is to provide excellent support for our existing customer base and grow the business by developing new customers.
The ideal candidate has excellent leadership and communication skills, will be a curious, self-driven individual open to new ways of conducting business in a rapidly changing business environment. The long-term success of Siemens originates from hard work as a team across a matrix organization, passion for Siemens’ advanced technology offerings and deeply caring for our customers success.
Extending our Management Team we are looking for a driven, highly motivated, successful, future focused individual with diverse background in Manufacturing, CNC machine tools, Automation, Additive Manufacturing, Robotics, Fabrication, Digitalization, Industry 4.0 etc.
This position has great exposure to our executive management and thus provides excellent opportunities for talents with career aspirations within Siemens domestically and globally.
• Take over a multi-million-dollar domestic business with existing high-profile accounts and an expectation to expand the business by increasing Siemens’ share of wallet and developing new accounts
• Provide leadership for the team aligned with Siemens’ Corporate business strategy
• Collaborate with other departments across the Siemens organization to leverage knowledge within the company and identify opportunities for process improvements
• Monitor and drive the team’s operational performance based on clearly defined targets and KPI’s
• Drive a high-performance team culture based on empowerment, trust, and motivation
• Develop / expand / cultivate long-term relationships with key Executives within the customer organization
• Drive the development of strategic account plans to ensure achievement of set business goals
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience:
• 10+ years total work experience
• At least years of successful sales experience in Industrial Manufacturing, preferably in the Machine Tool business - ideally – with a solid understanding of CNC machines
• Great communication-, stakeholder and relationship management skills
• Working in a matrix team environment
• Entrepreneurial thinking and follow through in developing new opportunities
• High level of self-driven decision-making abilities guided by set business targets
• Technical / business degree or equivalent experience
• Core Industrial automation experience, especially motion control
• Complex system selling / value selling
• Excellent communication & presentation Skills across all levels of a customer organization
• Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
• Travel: 50%-60%
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Knowledge in growth opportunities, industries and technologies (Manufacturing Software, Additive Manufacturing, Robotics, Electronics, etc.)
• Strong network in US machine building industry
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Engineering preferred
• Individual must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing
What you will receive:
• Long-term career options!
• Competitive base salary with incentive bonus plan based on a set of KPI’s
• New way of working: working remotely where applicable widely accepted across Siemens globally
• Medical/Prescription/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
• 401K Retirement Savings Plan with 6% match
• Short & long-term disability insurance
• Six weeks paid parental leave for parents
• Flexible paid time-off policy
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf) .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here (https://new.siemens.com/us/en/general/legal/us-internet-privacy-notice-state-rights.html) .