Nissha Medical Technologies QA Inspector - Manufacturing in Buffalo, New York
QA Inspector - Manufacturing
Title: QA Inspector - Manufacturing
Location: Buffalo, NY
Nissha Medical Technologies is looking for a hands-on Quality Inspector for Manufacturing to evaluate work in progress (WIP) and manufactured finished goods for compliance to product specification.
The essential job functions of this role include:
Perform inspections of WIP and manufactured finished goods for compliance to product specification and defined criteria in accordance with established Quality plans
Collection of samples in accordance with defined sampling plan
Test material and production in accordance with established AQL levels
4 Maintain inspection records as complete, accurate, and legible
Approves release of incoming materials to inventory
Analyze and interpret findings, computes and provided statistical analysis as required
Control, tag and segregate non-conforming product following “On Hold Process” coordinating all “On Hold” activities
Issuance of CA’s, coordinates status and follow up with various departments.
Confers with internal departments regarding inspection results, and recommends corrective actions
Observes and monitors for trends
Performs statistical analysis of data
Execute “Material Review Board” decisions: ie accept, re-work, sort, scrap
Calibrates assigned test and measurement equipment
Audit production activities for compliance with non-product specific Quality requirements i.e. product handling and clean room protocols
Maintains assigned measurement tools and gauges as current in calibration system
Participate on internal audit teams
Assist supervisor with assigned tasks
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• 2 yr Technical degree preferred but not required
• Minimum 2 years QC experience in working in a manufacturing environment or relevant experience gained though coursework.
• Strong mechanical aptitude.
• Excellent arithmetic skills.
• Ability to read blue prints.
• Ability to effectively use measurement and test equipment.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Comfortable working in MS Word and MS Excel (creating spreadsheets & graphs).
• Minitab or similar program required.