Laboratory Corporation of America Clinical Lab Scientist/Clinical Chemist Scientist (Part-Time) in Calabasas, California
The CLS/CCS will provide oversight for the Peptide Laboratory including instrument calibration and minor troubleshooting, quality control review and pipetting standards.
· Leads lab personnel, including coaching, training.
· Oversees the scheduling of laboratory personnel to ensure that all instruments are operating and batches are completed in a timely manner.
· Reviews and reports instrument batches.
· Oversees pending lists to ensure turnaround time needs are met.
· Oversees QNS of samples to ensure issues are resolved so that no sample is left behind.
· Helps to resolve client issues and assists with customer service inquiries.
· Addresses problems that occur on a daily basis.
· Reviews and writes Standard Operating Procedures.
· Adheres to the requirements of LabCorp, CLIA, CAP, ISO, and the State of California.
· Documents all activities as necessary including preventative maintenance, assay review, training folders, troubleshooting, and quality control in order to assure regulatory compliance.
· Analyzes daily work processes focusing on improving efficiencies.
· Works with technical directors to maintain and improve instrument operation and to assist with the implementation of new tests.
· Responds to freezer alarms.
Required Education/Degree: Bachelor's Degree in a life science field of study.
Required Work Experience: CCS or CLS
Thursday, Friday, Saturday 3:00pm-1:30am
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.