Air Liquide USA LLC Plant Operator in Cambridge, Canada
A world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 78 countries with approximately 64,500 employees and serves more than 3.8 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen are essential small molecules for life, matter and energy. They embody Air Liquide’s scientific territory and have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide’s ambition is to be a leader in its industry, deliver long term performance and contribute to sustainability - with a strong commitment to climate change and energy transition at the heart of its strategy.
Entity and activity description
Are you looking to work for a world renowned company that is making a difference in the fight against COVID?
In addition to a steady Pay Cheque, we offer: Set Schedule + Benefits + Pension + Annual Raise.
We are offering a key position for an exceptionally detail oriented, safety conscious and hard working individual!
If you are looking for a role that combines physicality and critical thinking; Air Liquide has the role for you!
What we offer:
● Stability: We have 100+ years of experience in the industry.
● Safety: It is our #1 priority.
● Independence: We offer a job that allows you to be autonomous while being part of a
Missions and Responsibilities
● Prepare cylinders for filling
● Responsible for the start-up and shut down of filling equipment. Connect cylinders,
vents, then purge residual gas using a vacuum pump. Fill cylinders according to the
Product Preparation sheet & Product Filling register assigned to the gas being filled.
Keep up with the norms set out for filling and input data.
● Record the number of cylinders filled and any discrepancies with respect to the
established calendar. Note irregularities, serial numbers and any pertinent information
and send it to the supervisor.
● Work with his/her team and cross-functional teams to continuously improve work
processes. Identify any non-compliance and causes of problems in his/her activities and
propose appropriate solutions.
● Pick the cylinders from a pick list and set up pallets for delivery.
● Work with the supervisor to ensure the pick list is completed.
● Work in a safe manner while handling cylinders and products at all times.
● Work within a high volume environment and be able to prioritize his/her duties
Competencies and Profile
● High school diploma
● Forklift license is mandatory
● Ability to work indoor and outdoors in adverse weather conditions
● Must be physically fit
● Quick learner
● Required to have at least 1 year of Warehouse experience
● Must be able to lift 50 lbs comfortably
● Walking/bending/pushing/pulling/ strapping are required
● Intermediate experience in google documents.
We value your experience in:
● Welding knowledge/experience/education is a strong asset
● Knowledge of compressed gases is an asset
● Prior experience in Shipping/Receiving is an asset
● This is a physically demanding position requiring you to work mainly by yourself and
moving materials up to 50lbs.
● Successful applicants must pass Employment,Medical/Drug and Criminal Checks to
- Ability to lift and/or roll cylinders as necessary. Lifting up to 50 pounds on a daily basis is required.
*At Air Liquide, we value the health and safety of our customers, patients and employees. As such, we strongly encourage everyone to get vaccinated against COVID-19 and all future employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID - 19 and to maintain such fully vaccinated status.
**At Air Liquide all employees are required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status. Also as a condition of employment, all future employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID -19 and to maintain such fully vaccinated status.