Legrand NA Sustainability Intern in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
At a Glance
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for aSustainability Internto join the Starline Team in Canonsburg, PA. We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to provide support to Legrand’s ongoing efforts to operate sustainably. The ideal candidate will have a passion for sustainability and / or data management, an understanding of current global environmental challenges, and the desire to learn about Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
The Sustainability Intern will work under the supervision of the product engineering team and compliance & sustainability analyst to provide a range of support, including but not limited to, research and analysis on CSR topics and sustainability trends impacting sourcing and product development; trends in CSR/sustainability reporting, including ESG requirements; organization and evaluation of customer requests for CSR/sustainability information and development of appropriate responses.
What Will You Do?
· Creation, Evaluation, and maintenance of Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs) in the form of Product Environmental Profiles (PEPs)
· Conduct research on as requested by the Circular Economy team (topics may include Scope 3 accounting, embodied carbon reduction strategies, product take-back schemes etc.)
· Support product and supply chain sustainability initiatives
· Assist in the preparation of sustainability presentations
· Provide support to cross-functional teams working to enhance Legrand’s interaction with customers on sustainability
· Collect and analyze data on product component materials and manufacturing processe
Education:Currently pursuing an Engineering degree with a focus on sustainability or equivalent field of study
· Pursuing an Engineering degree with a focus on sustainability or equivalent field of study
· Strong data analysis and data management skills
· Strong organizational and problem solving skills
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skill
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
· Experience with ChatGPT or similar AI programs is a plus
· Knowledge of sustainability reporting frameworks such as GRI and UN's SDG is a plus
· Experience with Life Cycle Analysis (LCA) a plus
· Primary environment: ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
· The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas where under certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses and mandatory hearing protection.
· Regularly required to stand; walk and communicate with others.
· Ability to sit for extended periods of time
· Ability to lift up and carry to 25 pounds
Note: The above Job Description is representative of the responsibilities and qualifications necessary to be successful in this role. It does not encompass every job duty or responsibility; other tasks may be assigned as necessary. Further the job description does not alter the at-will nature of employment with Legrand and does not create a contract of employment.
Representing more than 150 years of innovation, Legrand is the global specialist in electrical and digital building infrastructures. Our purpose is improving lives by transforming the spaces where people live, work and meet with electrical and digital infrastructures and connected solutions that are simple, innovative and sustainable. Every day, over 39,000 Legrand employees work hard to enhance the buildings of tomorrow. Legrand is a global, publicly traded company listed on the Euronext ( Legrand SA EPA: LR ) with revenue of €7 billion, and products sold in 180 countries. For more information, visit www.legrandgroup.com/en
About Legrand North and Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 6,500 associates in 50 locations, working across six divisions/sector: Audio Visual, Building Controls Systems, Data Power and Controls, Electrical Wiring Systems, and Lighting. We hold a leading position in every North American market we serve and focus on exceeding our customers’ needs within the commercial, residential, and industrial industries. LNCA offers comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as distinctive benefits like a high employer 401K match, above-benchmark paid maternity and parental leave, paid time off to volunteer, and an active/growing Employee Resource Group network. LNCA is an employee-centered, growing company with tremendous opportunity. For more information, visit legrand.us
About Legrand’s Data Center Power and Control Division
The industry-leading brands of Approved Networks, Ortronics, Raritan, Server Technology, and Starline empower Legrand’s Data, Power & Control to produce innovative solutions for data centers, building networks, and facility infrastructures. Our division designs, manufactures, and markets world-class products for a more productive and sustainable future. The exceptional reliability of our technologies results from decades of proven performance and a dedication to research and development.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Experience (Years) 0