BT National Field Planning Manager in Cardiff Contact Centre, United Kingdom
National Field Planning Manager
Function: Business Operations
Cardiff Contact Centre, Cardiff, United Kingdom
This role is crucial in the delivery of Service Delivery’s efficiency, service and financial targets. I own the strategic national 28 day rolling plans for the end to end 15,000 field based engineers across the Service delivery organisation & the third party suppliers, and I lead a team of experts to underpin & create the best plans possible to deliver outstanding service for both our internal engineer and external CP customers.
We’re the nation’s number one broadband network and we build the connections that matter.
Our customers are the 640+ communications providers who sell phone, broadband and Ethernet services to homes and businesses and our mission is build the best digital future for the UK.
There’s over 33,000 of us across the country, and we have a vision that our workforce should represent the communities that we serve. Diversity and accessibility are important to both where we are now and where we’re going. We value every colleague and the contribution they make, because a diverse business is a stronger business.
We also want the best work-life balance for all our people, which is why we offer smart working. It’s not a one-size-fits-all solution, so you’ll be able to discuss how smart working fits with your role during the recruitment process.
You'll have the following responsibilities
• You will lead a team of three managers, one responsible for the allocation of work to our contractors, one responsible for the attendance management and roster design of Service Delivery’s Engineers and one who will do strategic scenario modelling.
• You will be responsible for creating a high level 4 week plan for Service Delivery’s Engineering team. You will be Assisted by your Direct Report who does strategic scenario modelling and will work with Operational managers to get key pieces of insight.
• You will model different scenarios and tactical playbooks for the Service Delivery field organisation and make recommendations to stakeholders up to a Director level (e.g. summer/winter plans, storm event recovery etc.). You will analyse large datasets and provide actionable insights and be able to present your recommendations verbally and in written form (using Powerpoint).
• You’ll also work with and build relationships with stakeholders across different teams including Finance, Legal, Allocation and Field Operations, to ensure the best possible inputs to plans & contractor allocation, and to ensure that the right actions can be successfully delivered across the organisation. You’ll own the senior engagement for your teams to ensure that risks to the field plan are managed and any barriers to delivery are effectively broken down.
• Accountable for owning, updating, briefing and ensuring adherence to the resourcing staircases and contingency methodology that keeps our service delivery under control and resources effectively utilised.
Skills and Experience
• Relevant experience: Degree in a business/mathematics discipline, or equivalent relevant professional experience in the data, planning and insight space.
• Technical skills: Proven experience in creating forecast models using Excel. Experience using VBA and/or SQL programming language desired but can be developed in role.
• Data skills: The ability to visualise and explain data to make complex scenarios simple to understand for a wide range of stakeholders. Using data visualisation tools.
• Build excellent stakeholder relationships: Able to build strong relationships with senior stakeholders across the business.
• Inspire and coach: An inspiring leader, a self-starter, with an analytical and inquisitive mind, able to engage, motivate and coach peer group and colleagues across the planning team.
• Highly numerate and able to view the plans holistically and understand the relationship between inputs and outputs of the plan.
• Experience of data visualisation tool / report development techniques, automation techniques and an ability to learn new tools and techniques quickly.
• Experience of using a variety of visualisation tools and using data from a variety of sources (databases, files etc.).
• Strong people leadership experience; a self-starter with ability to engage, coach and inspire a team at multiple levels and experience sets, coaching for optimum performance
The role holder has to be comfortable operating at Director, SAM level and team member levels, communicating and presenting at this level, gaining buy in to recommendations and able to operate at pace to implement changes and strive constantly to find new and better ways of building plans.
As well as offering a competitive base salary, you’ll also have a rewarding bonus scheme, access to equity schemes and an attractive pension offer.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. Diversity makes sense for us, our customers and our ambitions. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed.
External Postings include:
• Discounted Broadband
• Up to 50% off EE and BT mobile for you and friends/Family
• Discounted TV & BT sport packages
• 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays
• 10% BT pension contribution
• Access to 100's of retail discounts including the BT shop
• Annual Bonus scheme of up to 10% of salary
How to apply
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page.
We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. We welcome applications from every community and we’re looking forward to receiving yours.
Hiring Manager - Emma Moore
Location - Adastral, Cardiff, Glasgow, Leeds & London
Career Level - D