MDU Resources Group Loader Operator - Ready Mix in Cascade, Idaho
Loader Operator - Ready Mix
Company:Knife River - Southern Idaho Division
Hiring Manager:Anna M Ong
Closing Date:10/31/2021at 11:59pm CDT
Knife River is looking for experienced Loader Operators to work in our Cascade Ready Mix plant.
We are one of the largest construction materials and contracting companies in the United States, a status we could not have achieved without our dedicated customers and our 4,800 team members. People are critical to our success, whether it's our employees, our customers, or the end users of our products and services.
That's why commitment to our other values - safety, quality and environmental - is so important. We are driven to work safely, produce quality results and manage our impact on the environment because that is the best way to take care of our teams, our customers and our communities.
Behind every Knife River job stands a team committed to each other, committed to you and committed to our values.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Perform daily equipment, walk around and site inspections to identify and correct any unsafe conditions and keep equipment properly maintained.
• Safely and properly perform maintenance (lubricating, fueling and cleaning) on loader. Maintain 3 points of contact at all times while performing maintenance activities.
• Safely and properly operate loader. Make sure bucket/attachments are lowered to ground whenever leaving the equipment.
• Load trucks with driver in sight to communicate and ensure safe loading procedure.
• Load trucks up to legal hauling weight limit
• Identify appropriate material to produce quality aggregate material per job specifications.
• Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with people under difficult, high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations; act courteously and be respectful of others.
• Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.) Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
• Always work safely and take action to prevent any and all unsafe actions, processes, and behaviors.
• Ensure OSHA, MSHA,EPA, DNR, lockout/tagout, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor
We offer a full benefit package after 60 days which includes full medical, dental, vision and 401K.
Drug free work environment requiring pre-employment and random drug testing.
Women, veterans and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified candidates must have experience working with a Loader, as well as the following:
• Ability to sit or stand for long periods
• Handle and manipulate objects on a repetitive basis
• Ability to see well and distinguish between back up alarms, voices and other normal sounds consistent with construction job sites
• Dependability and ability to work in a safe manner
• Environmental adaptability
• Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
• Team player, able to get along with a diverse group of people working toward a common goal.
How To Apply
You may apply online at http://jobs.mdu.com
If unable to apply online, mail completed application to:
5450 W. Gowen Road
Boise, ID 83709
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
This Employer Participates inE-Verify (PDF) (Downloads/EVerifyPoster.pdf) . Download PDF Application (PDF) (Downloads/KRC-59.pdf)
MDU Resources Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.