SAIC Space Systems Engineer in CHANTILLY, Virginia
SAIC has a new opportunity for a Space Systems Engineer to work on a program supporting multiple exciting, fast-paced projects. This position will provide Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) support to customers in electro-optical or radar remote sensing technology development, sensor requirements development, and space vehicle requirements development. The successful applicant will work to provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex and technically challenging work.
Key duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide technical assistance and customer support with the development of either Electro-Optical or Radar space-based payloads
• Provide technical insight to the specifications, requirements, development and acquisition of space vehicles, buses and payloads
• Work as a Systems Engineer as part of a world-class SETA team
• Collaborate across multiple government and industry teams to refine requirements and system trades
• Evaluate concept designs and system integration strategies into future architectures
• Research state-of-the-art space vehicle component technologies and sensor concepts/capabilities
• Decomposition of enterprise requirements to lower level requirements and validate traceability of requirements
• Review development contractor’s documents and procedures, requirements flowdown, verification methodologies, calibration plans, Concept of Operations (CONOPS), Interface Control Documents (ICDs) and test plans to ensure program success
• Review program for high risk areas and recommend mitigation approaches
• Develop measures of effectiveness and review plans & procedures to support all facets of testing and operations
• Support internal and external interface testing for final system verification, validation, and delivery
• Active/current TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph is required.
• Possess excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills
• Degree in technical discipline such as Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or Physics: Bachelors and fifteen (15) years or more experience; Masters and ten (10) years or more experience ; PhD and five (5) years or more experience.
• Experience interfacing across multiple space vehicle subsystems
• In-depth technical experience with either Electro-optical or radar payload subsystems
• Experience with space vehicle testing requirements
• Experience in concept development, requirements definition, and trade studies for innovative new systems
• Demonstrated ability to technically review the work of others
• Proficient using MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), MS Outlook, MS Project.
• Knowledge of IC government acquisition processes.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation’s most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability