TEKsystems Senior UX Designer in Chicago, Illinois
One North, a digital agency recently acquired by TEKsystems Global Services®, is looking for a dynamic and driven Senior UX Designer to join our team.
We help some of the world’s most complex organizations stand out from the crowd by delivering breakthrough brand experiences. Leveraging expertise across strategy, brand and experience design and technology, our experts use digital to reimagine how clients connect, communicate and engage with their audiences to win new business, strengthen client relationships, and attract and retain top talent.
One North is looking to add a Sr. UX Designer to our open, inclusive and collaborative team. In this role, you’ll be on the front lines helping our clients plan, create and deliver digital experiences. Ideally, this candidate will have strong and demonstrated UX chops (research, design, prototyping), collaboration and project leadership skills. As part of our multidisciplinary Experience Design team, you’ll be at the center of every project and connected all of the way through from concept to execution.
• Work across a spectrum of large- and small-scale digital experience design projects from websites and applications to products and services, with little oversight on smaller engagements.
• Create digital experiences that deliver exceptional user experience and deliver on clients’ strategic objectives and vision.
• Bring a strong point of view and leadership to iterative and collaborative user-centered design process for clients and cross-functional teams.
• Drive quality of the design solution impact and outcomes, take and push for design risks
• Balance user needs with our clients’ business goals, market viability and technical feasibility.
• Lead UX Strategy through expert command of the UX toolkit, including UX research and analysis (observation, interviews, surveys, audits, usability testing), design thinking, personas and journey maps.
• Incorporate qualitative and quantitative data to drive design decision making.
• Lead concepting and experience vision definition.
• Iterate solutions through the UX process.
• Lead sketch sessions, workshops and activities – internally and with clients (in-person and remote).
• Create detailed information architecture and taxonomy.
• Create storyboards, user flows, diagrams and system maps.
• Create detailed design systems, wireframes and functional specifications.
• Articulate design decisions and trade-offs to internal and external stakeholders.
• Partner with client services to educate our clients about the ROI associated with UX recommendations.
• Receive and facilitate client feedback; know how and when to defend design decisions.
• Collaborate closely with Brand, Content and Digital Strategists, Designers and Technologists to bring the solution to life.
• Collaborate with clients at all levels, including executives.
• Contribute to the User Experience Strategy discipline through process improvement, thought leadership, education and design community participation.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years professional agency or consulting experience preferred
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Agile and lean product design experience preferred
• Strong presentation skills, experience communicating and visualizing complex and abstract ideas and concepts, storytelling and presenting to executive-level stakeholders
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Expert command of usability heuristics, HCI and UX best practices
• Demonstrable experience solving a range of UX problems across a variety of business verticals, technologies and user types
• Ability to multi-task, stay organized and meet multiple deadlines across a variety of projects
• Working knowledge of Sketch, Figma, and other current tools
• Experience drafting and conducting usability testing sessions, synthesizing findings and translating them into actionable tactics
• Experience partnering with technical architects and writing functional specifications
• Ability to travel to client sites as projects require (post-COVID), up to 15% of the time
• Portfolio of recent work showing process (in addition to final deliverable) required
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.