Schwan's Home Delivery Senior Warehouse Associate in Chino Valley, Arizona
Job ID: SENIO012448
Position Type: Full-time
Monday through Friday with limited Saturday work. Typical hours are 1 am-9 am or midnight to 8 am
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Unloading frozen food products up to 50 pounds from semis into warehouse freezers.
· Load frozen food from warehouse freezers into delivery trucks.
· Safety is our number one priority! You will be trained on how to safely back up trucks for loading and driving them through the depot lot.
· Inventory Control of our trucks and freezer.
· Care for our products, trucks, clean environment, culture, and team members.
· Use lists to dispense and receive information including product codes and customer pre-orders.
· General upkeep of facility including cleaning and/or maintenance.
· The hours vary by location and size of the depots, but generally, this position is an overnight shift, i.e. 1 am– 9 am, 12am – 8 am
· You will be eligible for vacation and holiday pay, multiple health, dental and vision plans, Employee Incentive Program, and a 401K plan with a company contribution, plus much more, including an employee discount!
To ensure that your safety we provide the proper protective clothing, including, freezer jackets, boots, gloves, and glasses. We also provide safety training in driving our trucks, proper lifting, use of equipment, and general warehouse safety.
Education and Experience:
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· 2+ years of related warehouse experience preferred
· 2+ years of supervisor experience preferred
Must meet the Federal DOT eligibility requirements, including appropriate driver's license and medical certification. NO CDL license required
· Values of honesty, responsibility, reliability, and team support
· Comfortable with computer technology; i.e hand-held computers, running reports, MS Office programs; or have a willingness to learn
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work physically in freezer environments for 4-8 hours per day, loading and unloading trucks, and standing for 8-hour shifts
· Ability to work independently for part or all of shift
Member of the military? We thank you for your service! As a strong supporter of our men and women in uniform, we will consider recent military experience as a great prerequisite to a career at Schwan’s!
Schwan’s Home Service is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin, or other protected class.