Great Western Bank Mortgage Originator in Colorado Springs, Colorado
General Description and Essential Functions
Responsible for origination and loan production of real estate mortgage loans, in accordance with established lending practices. Ultimate goal is to achieve profitable loan growth and profitable loan production, while providing excellent customer service.
• Originate high quality loans that are within lending policies and operating procedures.
• Develop relationships with customers, real estate professionals, builders and other business referral sources to promote Great Western Bank growth and profitability.
• Collect and analyze financial data, develop understanding of underwriting requirements to effectively establish and negotiate credit terms effectively.
• Inform prospective and existing customers of appropriate programs, rates, policies and loan procedures.
• Maintain awareness of real estate rates and products available to Great Western Bank to sell Real Estate loans in the secondary market.
• Respond to and resolve customer service requests according to Great Western policies in a prompt, efficient and courteous manner at all times.
• College Degree preferred in business or finance/accounting.
• 1 + years of sales and mortgage industry experience.
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent analytical skills with a strong understanding of the mortgage origination process, including secondary market loans.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
• Register and obtain a unique identifier number from the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System as a Mortgage Loan Originator as well as keep the license in force by submitting updates when personal information changes and to complete the annual renewal of the license.
Compensation and Benefits
Starting base pay $25/hour – salary ranges vary based on location
After 6 months, base pay $15/hour plus Commission
Bonus Eligibility/Commission/STI-Position eligible for annual bonus
Long-Term Disability Insurance
Short-Term Disability Insurance
401(k) including an Employer Match
Flexible Spending Account Plan
Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
Paid Time Off
Employee Banking Services
Safe Deposit Box
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)