JPMorgan Chase Lean Training and Development Manager in Columbus, Ohio
The Process Engineering Center of Excellence (PE COE) is a global team of internal consultants that executes key business transformations and advances Chase Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) towards a state of operational excellence. Our mission is to improve end-to-end processes, improve the customer experience, increase employee engagement, decrease risks, yield financial benefits, and cultivate a culture of continuous improvement.
Our team is seeking a Lean Training and Development Manager, Vice President (VP) to lead the training effort in support of deploying Lean tools, methodologies, and principles in Operations. You will build strong relationships with a team of internal consultants and serve as a training advisor to them, and as an expert trainer to executives and front-line leaders.
The Lean Training and Development Manager has high emotional intelligence, demonstrates strong influencing and excellent interpersonal skills. You will be responsible for the design and facilitation of courses that support Chase's Lean Management and Operational System.
Specifically, you will:
• Design and develop training content and curriculum for virtual and computer-based learning programs
• Train on Lean tools and methodologies in support of Lean deployment efforts and to build problem solving capabilities (A3/Kaizen) into the business
• Develop and maintain partnerships with Subject Matter Experts to create accurate, appropriate, and engaging training material
• Create assessments, surveys, and other evaluation tools to measure the success of participants and training programs
• Ensure quality and timeliness of deliverables
• Champion Continuous Improvement initiatives within the PE COE
• Be a recognized culture carrier who leads with consistency, integrity, and humility
• Influence, design, and develop strategic processes
• Actively develop team members, including serving as a mentor
• Lean transformation and operations management experience
• Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt
• Expert instructional design, program management, adult learning theory, and facilitation skills
• Track record of managing complex training initiatives
• Skilled trainer and facilitator for both in-person and virtual environments
• Strong executive-level communication skills and presence
• Flexibility to work effectively with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels
• Self-driven and capable of taking initiative and working with minimal direction
• Excellent skills with Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Adobe, and Zoom
• Ability to travel as needed (approximately 25%, when needed)
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
• Advanced degree in Business, Learning, or Instructional Design
• 5+ years adult training experience
• Financial services industry experience
• Consulting, Systems Engineering, and/or Operations Management experience
• Experience with Agile methodologies, Change Management Principles, Organization Design, and/or Project ManagementChase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans