TEKsystems CSIRT Analyst - 3rd Shift in East Peoria, Illinois
Tuesday 11pm Central - Wednesday 930am Central
Wednesday 11pm Central - Thursday 930am Central
Thursday 11pm Central - Friday 930am Central
Friday 11pm Central - Saturday 930am Central
This role is within a Computer Security Incident Response Team. The specific role of this position is responding cyber security alerts from a variety of systems throughout the enterprise.
Daily work on a Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) responding to cyber security alerts and events. The CSIRT is responsible for 24x7x365 monitoring and response to security events that occur in the environment.
• Monitor SIEM for security events
• Investigate alerts with various Security tools
• Take necessary steps to remediate any security issues
• Monitor the Phishing inbox, investigate and respond to all reported emails
• Attend daily security update meetings
• Investigate network alerts through the IDS tool
• Ensure accurate case notes are recorded
• At least 3 years working in IT (Information Technology) Security
• At least 2 years of experience on a help desk, or position troubleshooting Windows OS
• Proven documentation skills
• Proven skill and experience in problem solving
• Proven ability to learn quickly
• Experience with EDR solutions
• Batch scripting experience
• Experience investigating and responding to reported phishing emails
• Understanding of Windows Authentication protocols, Explicit Proxy, IDS, EDR, UEBA, and Sandboxing
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Electrical Engineering. Other technical degrees may be considered. In lieu of a technical degree, equivalent work experience may be considered. Industry certifications are a plus but are not required.
SIEM, Security, Windows, Linux, Python, PowerShell, EDR, Endpoint Security, Phishing, Infrastructure, VIsio, OS, TCP/IP
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
-Critical thinking, aptitude for quickly learning technical concepts -Effective in oral and written communications -Must prefer problem solving and working with a team
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the EEO is the law poster click here. Applicants with disabilities that require an accommodation or assistance a position, please call 888-472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Messages left for other purposes will not receive a response.