Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer in Eglin Air Force Base, Florida
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, effective December 8, 2021, Lockheed Martin will require all newly hired employees, in the United States, must be fully vaccinated before their start date.
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, Training and Logistics Solutions, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and forward-thinking thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training, and education.
Do you want to be part of an environment that encourages and supports employees to think big, perform with quality and create incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the resourcefulness and courage to work hard, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you. Come and experience your future!
The successful candidate can be based at Eglin AFB to directly support the F-35 Training System and its customers. As a member of the team, you will be responsible for providing engineering support, and liaison support to Aeronautics, the Joint Program Office Lightning Support Team, and customers of the global enterprise of F-35 training centers and training products fielded across the country and around the world.
In addition to the responsibilities highlighted above we offer extensive benefits that include competitive 401k and insurance. We remain an equal opportunity company.
- Systems engineering familiarity with a solid understanding of all product lifecycle phases.
- Detail oriented with excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with a demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels (up / down / parallel)
- Troubleshooting experience with hardware or software; understanding of admin guides, O&Ms, etc.
- Basic understanding of technical writing principles.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a small team of technical individuals focused on issue management with multifaceted priorities and varying work tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully complete assigned tasks involving interaction with multiple other teams.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Engineering Release and Data Management tools / Microsoft Excel / Word / PowerPoint / Project / SharePoint / Access
- Ability to obtain and hold a DoD secret security clearance with F-35 program access.
- Familiarity with DevOps lifecycle management tools used by the F-35 Training System (Confluence, JIRA, Crucible, Gitlab)
- F-35 Training Program Experience with Training System Products, Training Curriculum, and variety of fielded system configurations, and as technology is upgraded
- Familiarity with change & configuration management processes and tools used by the F-35 Training organization
- Familiarity with Classified Systems and Data processes
- Ability to coordinate with customers to identify, record, and resolve, and identify root cause of issues/questions, and identify root cause (with knowledge share, workarounds, break-fixes, etc.)
- Ability to formulate problem descriptions, workarounds and responses in problem reporting systems, and determine RCCA needs
- Ability to create effective metrics and produce reports for stakeholders to formulate training/knowledge share with all end users
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.