TEKsystems IT Support Specialist in Erlanger, Kentucky
The purpose of this position is to document and facilitate resolution of support requests for Information Technology (IT) and Operational Technology (OT) hardware and software applications.
This class specification represents only the core areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of the department.
• Facilitates client support requests to repair, install, move, or change computer hardware, applications and other system requests.
• May interact with infrastructure, applications, business analysis, IT security, or PMO personnel to perform or coordinate service request.
• Taking initial telephone or email inquiries and troubleshooting and managing relatively simple hardware, software or network problems.
• Recognizing and escalating more difficult problems to a higher level of support.
• Provides on site or remote access diagnoses and resolution to hardware and software problems by responding to client requests and planned work requests.
• Troubleshoot a variety of hardware and software systems in the existing information technology infrastructure; diagnosing problems
• Research, analyze, and resolve customer issues in an accurate and timely manner by using appropriate tools and resources to asses situations and find resolutions while retaining ownership.
• Enter all calls into help desk ticketing system, and update tickets accordingly in a timely fashion.
• Monitor internal assets to ensure inventory records.
• Facilitates management of future or concurrent problems by preparing clear and concise documentation; maintains appropriate categorization of service requests by problem type, severity, impact to customers, etc.
• Follows procedures and standards established by IT Service Desk management.
• This position will require shift work or an on call rotation 24/7/365.
• Office automation and business applications;
• IT networks and related user applications
• Office 365 Suite;
• MAC and PC Operating Systems;
• Active Directory;
• Strong documentation skills.
• Customer Service;
• Addressing the mechanics of desktop and other hardware equipment;
• Demonstrated skill in user software/hardware set-up and troubleshooting;
• Troubleshooting user problems and diagnosing and/or making referral for solution;
• Clearly and effectively communicating both orally and in writing;
• Use of a variety of computer-based technologies including word processing, and spreadsheet;
• Establishing and maintaining effective, fair, cooperative, collaborative and respectful relationships with internal and external colleagues, peers, work teams and workgroups.
Active directory, Windows 10, Desktop, Support, Windows, Troubleshooting, Hardware, Customer service, Help desk, Technical support, Service desk, Mobile, Office 365, Outlook, Phone support, Password reset, Deployment, Troubleshooting hardware
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.