Lockheed Martin Senior Buyer/Subcontracts Manager (Level 3) in Fort Worth, Texas
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine .
The ideal candidate will have multiple years of experience procuring services, capital equipment and non-production spare parts necessary for operation of a manufacturing facility. Compiles and analyzes data to determine feasibility of buying products and performs price analysis. Compiles information from periodicals, catalogs and other sources to keep informed in price trends and manufacturing processes. Confers with vendors and analyzes vendors' operation to determine factors that affect prices and determines lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules. Reviews proposals, negotiates prices, selects or recommends suppliers, analyzes trends, follows up on orders placed, verifies delivery, approves payment, and maintains necessary records. Engages with internal customer to develop procurement solutions.
A level 3 employee Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
This position is in Fort Worth, TX Discover Fort Worth.
• Experience negotiating contract terms, conditions and pricing
• Project management; particularly commercial construction experience
• Experience issuing Requests for Proposal, analyzing bids, contract award and subcontract management for services and equipment
• Experience using Microsoft Office
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
• Experience with SAP or similar MRP system
• Familiarity with Government Procurement Policies, Procedures, and Regulations
• Familiarity or experience with Truth in Negotiations Act (TINA)/ Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) type fact-finding and analysis
• Experience operating with limited management oversight
• Experience as a lead or mentor
• Experienced communicator (written, verbal and presentation)
• Business based decision making
• Experience working independently, as well as within a fast-paced team structure
• Experience interpreting policies/procedures and apply concepts
• Experience working multiple tasks and deal with competing priorities
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.