American Electric Power GIS Technician Assc (Gahanna, OH) in Gahanna, Ohio
GIS Technician Assc (Gahanna, OH)
Creating cartographic output (map making), data manipulation, data creation from digitization or field survey, basic data management, and basic map development. Interpret and enter field data into GIS related systems and databases.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS are listed below:
1) Create, revise and maintain technical data used for reports maps and sketches.
2) Create revise and maintain material and property equipment records.
3) Obtain information required to perform work from multiple resources including; verbal/electronic communications, sketches, marked drawings, field notes, vendors' catalogs and technical reference manuals.
4) Operate large scale plotters and other duplicating equipment.
5) Work with other organizations of the company to resolve discrepancies to assure that data reflects accurate field conditions.
6) Generate reports defined to pull data from graphical and non-graphical databases.
Auto req ID:
Education requirements are listed below:
- Bachelor's degree in GIS, Computer Science, Geography, Civil Engineering, Drafting or related field OR Associate's degree in GIS, Computer Science, Geography, Civil Engineering, Drafting or related field OR High School/equivalency.
Work Experience requirement listed below:
Bachelor's or Associate's degree in GIS ' 0 year related experience; non-GIS Bachelors or Associate's degree ' 0 year related experience or High School ' 3 years related GIS experience.
Required License(s)/Certification(s) are listed below:
- Valid state driver's license
Physical demand level is Sedentary
1.Familiar with conventional drafting symbols and drafting methods 2.Familiar with computer graphics and automated drawing methods and have the ability to distinguish colors 3.Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Word, Excel and Access 4.Travel required / Outside of business hours
Must live in the Columbus Metro area.
Equal Opportunity Employer | Minorities/Females/Disability/Vets