Robert Half Database Administrator in Greenville, South Carolina
Robert Half Technology is currently seeking a Database Administrator for an exceptional opportunity with a cutting-edge company!
This Database Administrator should love the challenge of solving problems with multiple layers of complexity. If you are an efficient problem solver with highly tuned decision making skills, this may be the position for you.
• Install, configure, and maintain all SQL Server instances across development, staging, and production environments
• Ensure database server topology, configuration, and maintenance are designed and executed to meet SLA objectives
• Advise on database design, tuning options, and other potential issues
• Fix SQL Server service outages as they occur, including after hours and weekends
• Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms
• Baseline system performance and monitor for deviation, recommending and implementing improvements to slow running queries
• When performance issues arise, you'll figure out the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
• Bachelor's Degree and 4+ years database experience
• Strong knowledge of SQL Server
• Experience tuning queries to improve performance
• Previous experience in production environments and being on-call
• Experience building and maintaining documentation
• Experience working with Cloud technologies is a plus!
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.