Robert Half Inventory and Purchasing Specialist in Hawthorne, New Jersey
Robert Half is working with an employee-friendly manufacturing firm in Elmwood Park find their inventory and purchasing specialist. This person will support the Maintenance and Machine Shop in the purchasing, receiving, and maintaining of inventory and supplies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the purchasing, receiving and organization of parts and supplies for both maintenance and the machine shop needs.
• Helps Maintenance and Machine Supervisor/Management optimize and utilize standard job plans (resources, parts, tooling, task lists) for maintenance and machine shop activities.
• Confirm that parts are available prior to releasing work orders.
• Supports the Maintenance Manager ensuring that all maintenance work orders are planned (resources, parts, tooling) and communicated to the Maintenance Manager when parts are on site and the work can be scheduled so that the work progresses in a safe, efficient and repeatable manner.
• Responsible for the accuracy of the inventory. Provide monthly reports to Director of Engineering.
• Update the CMMS daily on inventory received and used.
• Responsible for the organization of parts and location.
• Maintain work area in a safe, clean and organized condition by adhering to the company’s safety standards and policies, following prescribed safety regulations and alerting the appropriate person regarding potential concerns
• Mechanical and electrical experience a plus.
• Proficiency in SAP, Oracle, or other CMMS systems.
• Preferably 2 to 4 years of practical experience in the maintenance industry, preferably in a wire production environment.
• 2 years experience with computer-based maintenance planning/scheduling (CMMS).
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half works to put you in the best position to succeed. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity - whenever you choose - even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/us/en/mobile-app) and get 1-tap apply, notifications of AI-matched jobs, and much more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.