Amazon Energy Risk and Compliance Manager, EPO in Houston, Texas
The Amazon Energy Procurement Operations (EPO) org was established to manage Amazon’s energy supply contracts post execution, provide controllership and governance for energy spend, track environmental attributes and ensure our portfolio is compliant with regulations, obligations as well as internal policies. The team is responsible for managing the operations of the world’s largest corporate renewable PPAs portfolio.
We are looking for a manager to join our team and program-manage our areas of energy compliance, risk management and overall controllership on our global energy transactions. This role will be collaborating with business partners on proper execution of our programs and oversee internal and external reporting. The right candidate is an experience individual with track record for planning, launching and executing initiatives in response to identified problems. The right candidate can manage multiple projects simultaneously while navigating competing priorities, excel in organization, and has experience designing and executing programs which involve a larger number of cross-functional stakeholders.
Key job responsibilities
• Manage and oversee implementation of energy-related compliance activities, globally, in collaboration with energy, sustainability and datacenter teams.
• Design and execute mechanisms for ensuring business operations continuity in energy markets.
• Lead our diligence, setup and preparation for entering new energy markets, including the creation of compliance baselines, environmental attributes qualification and registration, data integration for market
• Establish, iterate and monitor operating guardrails for energy operations as part of our risk management activities.
• Own reporting of environmental attributes, their tracking and retirement across the global portfolio in collaboration with peers partner teams.
• Establish and report objectives and indicators for program performance.
• Plan and drive execution of initiatives to improve our energy operations and its reporting. Continuously seek to invent and simplify in order to generate the scale effect for Amazon’s management of its energy portfolio.
• Work collaboratively with other AWS and Amazon teams to support the management of the energy programs.
About the team
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud
platform. We pioneered cloud computing and never stopped innovating — that’s why customers
from the most successful startups to Global 500 companies trust our robust suite of products and
services to power their businesses.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, it’s in our nature to learn and be curious. Our employee-led affinity groups foster
a culture of inclusion that empower us to celebrate our differences. Ongoing events and learning
experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender
diversity) conferences, inspire us to never stop embracing our uniqueness.
We value work-life harmony. Achieving success at work should never come at the expense of
sacrifices at home, which is why flexible work hours and arrangements are part of our culture.
When we feel supported in the workplace and at home, there’s nothing we can’t achieve in the
Mentorship & Career Growth
We’re continuously raising our performance bar as we strive to become Earth’s Best Employer.
That’s why you’ll find endless knowledge-sharing, mentorship and other career-advancing
resources here to help you develop into a better-rounded professional.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Houston, TX, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
5+ years of program or project management experience
Experience using data and metrics to determine and drive improvements
Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
2+ years of driving process improvements experience
Master's degree, or MBA in business, operations, human resources, adult education, organizational development, instructional design or related field
Experience in compliance or risk management, preferably in the power or energy sectors
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $111,600/year in our lowest geographic market up to $207,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. This position will remain posted until filled. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.