Citizens Property Insurance Corporation Customer Care Rep I in Jacksonville, Florida
Customer Care Rep I
Citizens is pleased to offer this opportunity on a remote / Hybrid (either fully remote in the US or a combination of remote and in our Jacksonville, FL) however the selected candidate must live within a commutable distance (approximately 50 miles) to Citizens Jacksonville, FL office.
Searching for a place to make your mark? Every great team depends on the individual contributions of its members – the skills, talents and the passion that each team member brings. At Citizens, we’re building a workforce of top achievers committed to our company’s mission and vision. Our company values the knowledge that comes from experienced and dedicated individuals with a variety of backgrounds, in or out of insurance.
Citizens’ Mission is to provide property insurance protection in Florida to those who are, in good faith, unable to obtain coverage through the private market while also providing the utmost in customer service. Our Values are public service, integrity, respect, responsiveness and sound judgment. We strive to not only provide affordable insurance products and services but also to provide sound financial responsibility to the citizens of Florida.
At Citizens, we are a team of dedicated, service-minded professionals committed to our policyholders. Come achieve and maximize your potential with us!
Job Duties: Models ethical behavior and executes job responsibilities in accordance with Citizens core values, ethics, and information protection policies.
- Effectively respond via the telephone to concerns of both internal and external customers. Take ownership of each call, handling it until resolution is reached, which includes follow-up, as
- Necessary to ensure that the actions promised to the caller are completed. Act as the caller’s advocate via the telephone to ensure the caller’s concerns are addressed
- Process basic underwriting endorsements and/or policy changes within approved authority level and perform transactions according to latest corporate standards, manual rates, guidelines and procedures
- Review various supporting documents for compliance with departmental guidelines, which may include gathering and forwarding information to other areas for handling or consideration.
- Perform specialized functions and projects in accordance with departmental rules and regulations
- Proficient in MS Office: Word, Outlook & Excel
- Maintains a working knowledge of the Manual of Rates, Rules and Procedures
Skills & Abilities:
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interpret basic insurance coverage
- Ability to obtain, organize and present information
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures
- Ability to handle multiple tasks as assigned
Relevant Experience: 1 or more years of customer service experience.
- High School Diploma | GED
- Associate/Technical Degree OR 2 years relevant experience, OR a combination of both college and experience equivalent to 2 years
We offer unlimited career potential, excellent training and development opportunities, and a structured Career Development program to explore future roles of interest while growing and developing in your existing role.
- Citizens offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes comprehensive medical/dental, Retirement Savings Plan, Vacation and Sick Time, EAP, Tuition Reimbursement, Community Service and much more!
- Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Company Paid employee basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Generous paid time off: vacation, sick and holiday leave
- Employee Assistance and Wellness Programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional and leadership development opportunities
- Company Paid Parking
- Employee recognition programs
- Relocation assistance (where applicable)
- Community and volunteering opportunities
- Casual dress
Job: *CPS - Customer Experience
Organization: *CPIC BU
Title: Customer Care Rep I
Requisition ID: 2300002A