Lockheed Martin Operations Testing Manager in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to join a team where employees envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We are creating a better today and tomorrow by seamlessly aligning diversity and inclusion efforts with Lockheed Martin’s values and business strategy. We offer business resource groups such as African American Council for Excellence (AACE), The Women’s Impact Network (WIN), Hispanic Organization for Leadership & Awareness (HOLA), Military/Veterans Network, PRIDE LGBT Professional Network, and more. We are also committed to enabling transitioning veterans to connect with their communities and find new purpose as they reintegrate into civilian life. By clicking on the links, you can find out more on how we proudly support Global Diversity and Hiring Our Heroes.
The Valley Forge Production organization is seeking a Production Test Manager to lead our team of electrical and mechanical test technicians in the test satellite electronics and weapons systems assemblies.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• Grow the Production Test organization for the Valley Forge site to support a significantly increasing workload.
• Establish and coordinate personnel, equipment, and facility resources needed for execution.
• Identify skill gaps, and develop appropriate training plans to ensure talent depth.
• Establish and cultivate relationships with all programs and functional leadership at the site to ensure achievement of all program objectives.
• Institutionalize disciplined execution of standard test processes and ensuring best practices are communicated and utilized.
• Driving affordability and commonality initiatives which will reduce test cycle time, generate program reserve, and assure future program awards, including adoption of enterprise-wide test practices.
• Occasional off-shift and weekend support will be required as needed to support production schedules.
Proven leadership experience in production and/or test assignments and successful proven results in leading and executing multi discipline programs
• Deep understanding of the test execution process
• Ability to multi-task, outstanding effective interpersonal skills, and a consistent track record of teambuilding
• Understanding of electrical and/or mechanical test methodologies and equipment
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance
Ability to effectively communicate, resolve issues and deliver presentations to a diverse set of customers regarding complex technical issues.
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong cross-organization relationships.
• The successful candidate should have demonstrated ability to organize and lead a group of production and engineering personnel.
• Experience using MS Project to track schedules and formulate execution plans.
• Demonstrated leadership experience in a team lead or project/program management role.
• Demonstrated Full Spectrum Leadership attributes.
• Experience implementing continuous improvement projects.
• Experience leading the development and implementation of new tools and processes.
• An active Secret or higher security clearance at time of application is highly desired
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.