Cardinal Health Head of Marketing and Customer Experience, Cardinal Health ANZ (Manager) in Macquarie Park, Australia
About Cardinal Health
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a $162 billion health care services company that improves the cost-effectiveness of health care. As a business Essential to care , Cardinal Health helps pharmacies, hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, clinical laboratories and physician offices focus patient care while reducing costs, enhancing efficiency and improving quality. Cardinal Health is an essential link on in the health care supply chain, providing pharmaceuticals and medical products and services to more than 100,000 locations each day and is also the industry-leading direct-to-home medical supplies distributor. The company provides clinically-proven medical products and pharmaceuticals and cost-effective solutions that enhance supply chain efficiency from hospital to home. Cardinal Health connects patients, providers, payers, pharmacists and manufacturers for integrated care coordination and better patient management. Backed by nearly 100 years of experience, with approximately 48,000 employees in 46 countries, Cardinal Health ranks among the top 25 on the Fortune 500.
The Head of Marketing and Customer Experience, Medical Solutions Cardinal Health ANZ, is responsible for the development of all marketing portfolio strategies for Medical Solutions product categories, which covers the bulk of the Cardinal Health business. The position is expected to consider strategic business needs, apply a customer mentality, and develop integrated customer experiences. The role has the unique opportunity to make an impact across all customer touchpoints, including digital and non-digital, as well as internal/employee touchpoints. This position requires a mix of leadership and innovative thinking.
The role is responsible for developing a comprehensive understanding of market size, share and growth for all major product categories, and for working with local and regional commercial leadership to develop downstream strategies & local execution plan. The role will shape the local marketing strategy and portfolio prioritization and will lead its execution for the ANZ region. The role will lead a team of marketeers to drive long and short-term marketing & business planning for the region and manage product lifecycle across a diverse clinical environment. The role will also have strategic responsibility for selected regional level KOL / association engagement.
This is a highly cross-functional position, needing to collaborate closely with global and regional marketing teams while being a key member of the ANZ Leadership Team
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the ANZ marketing group and effectively partner with Commercial and Functional leaders to deliver on strategic and tactical plans.
- Develop the ANZ marketing strategy for Cardinal Health Medical Solutions.
- Achieve product category revenue & profitability goals developing strategies and programs to increase the adoption of key products and services, optimizing the launch of new products, and uncovering new opportunities for growth for key categories within ANZ.
- Support the development of new channels to market (such as Inside Sales, 3rd party Distribution…) to ensure commercial goals are achieved including top and bottom-line performance in conjunction with the local Sales leaders.
- Drive and operationalize integrated customer engagement strategies. Responsible for creating scalable methodologies, processes, and resources that enhance customer experiences across an integrated customer ecosystem.
- Understand customer and company objectives. Develop and synthesize customer insights and problem statements, identify pain points, key unmet needs, and opportunities for improvement to create best in class customer journeys.
- Design and lead workshops to educate and consult key stakeholders on customer experience design and ideate user-centered, integrated journeys.
- Develop key benchmarks and measures of success for customer experiences.
- Work with Supply Chain, Finance, Quality & Regulatory, Sales Operations and other functions to ensure all key strategies are aligned to functional capabilities and commercial optimization.
- Oversee product marketing including product launches, life cycle management, sales tools and demand drivers such as webinars and digital market, and competitive analysis.
- Lead ANZ portfolio development, both up-stream with global marketing and ANZ specific opportunities, leveraging Cardinal Health manufacturing sites and 3rd party sourcing capabilities
- Develop strategy for services / solutions beyond products to bring value to customers and differentiate Cardinal Health.
- Develop comprehensive market insights to support clinical and commercial strategy and goals to foster a culture of data driven decision making for all marketing strategy.
- Lead and develop the ANZ marketing team, ensuring engagement, talent development and clear career development plans.
- Develop and foster business relationships with key customers and key opinion leaders to assess industry trends and to identify future product opportunities and innovation.
- Lead business development strategy, plans and execution, developing a short term and long-term strategic plan to grow revenue & profitability via portfolio optimization.
- Strong drive for execution excellence & KPI focus in all areas.
Qualifications & Requirements
Education/Training and/or Experience:
- Graduate degree in related field, ideally MBA.
- Bachelors and Advanced degree in related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred.
- 12+ years’ experience in related field, medical device/healthcare preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- 10+ years of commercial/marketing experience including senior leadership of marketing in medical technologies.
- Commercial (Business Unit) management experience preferred.
- Ability to excel in a highly complex matrix organization.
- Strong leadership skills with a track record of building talent capability and creating highly engaged teams.
- Broad & deep experience across variety of therapeutic areas in ANZ or similar clinical markets.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong business and financial acumen with demonstrated success in all aspects of marketing strategy, tactical development and execution.
- Role-model marketing competencies and proven track record of building strong marketing function at regional level.
- Proven portfolio successes across various stages of product lifecycle including growth drivers such as market share gain, market shaping and driving adoption.
- Strong customer focus and ability to build and maintain strong relationships with customers & associations across the ANZ region.
- Exceptional communication & presenting skills, including experience presenting to senior leadership.
- Ability to lead, develop, coach & mentor team members and guide a team towards successful execution on marketing plans.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and organizational, planning and project management skills.
- Strong understanding of market access, healthcare policies, external environment across key markets.
- Ability to deliver business in a sustainable manner, aligned to laws, regulations with impeccable integrity.
- Highly influential, impacts via influence including experience in matrix organisations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.