Amazon Principal Solutions Architect, FSI, WW FSI GTM Solutions Architecture Team in Melbourne, Australia
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced and motivated technologist who possess a unique balance of industry knowledge, technical depth and strong interpersonal skills. As the Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) Financial Services Principal Solutions Architect, you will work with some of the world’s largest financial services companies, AWS Sales and several other AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address industry business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services.
Financial Services Solutions Architects are viewed as experts in their domain, and support customer engagements when those engagements require deep and authoritative industry expertise, and a keen understanding of architectural and technical requirements. The Solutions Architects will influence the definition of the technical strategy for their industries by:
• Identifying patterns
• Defining technical trends that can affect the industry
• Publishing reference architectures
• Building industry quickstarts and other development kits
• Collecting technical best practices in the industry
• Establish credibility in sales cycles for AWS services by collaborating with field sales teams and customers to help design and build solutions that help solve customers’ business problems
The ideal candidate will have worked as a solutions architect within a Financial Services company or an industry solution vendors or system integrators. They will have demonstrated industry solutions expertise. They also will have an understanding of various software development methodologies, including cloud DevOps.
Key job responsibilities
• With the broader Financial Services team, develop technical elements of the strategic plan for accelerating adoption of AWS across ANZ Financial Services
• You will be responsible for establishing technical credibility in the sales cycle (personally or with the broader technical team) by supporting discussions across our Financial Services customers and partners
• Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS within Financial Services, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
• Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
• Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
• Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
• Serve as a technical domain expert on deploying Financial Services industry workloads and applications on AWS
• Architect solutions leveraging AWS technology, including solution development and potentially demonstrate technical feasibility through mechanisms including proof-of-concepts and/or prototypes
• Travel may be required for this role, up to 50%
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Melbourne, AUS | Sydney, AUS
• Extensive experience working in Financial Services organizations and implementing solutions in a regulated environment.
• Experience in the Financial Services industry and associated regulatory environment, expert knowledge of the supporting applications and infrastructure
• Substantial experience as an architect, designing and implementing large-scale solutions in the Financial Services industry. Deep experience with FSI-related applications such as core banking and payment systems.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Experience in Tech-related enterprise pre-sales, business development, or services delivery experience
• Understanding of the Financial Services (Banking preferred) industry ISV ecosystem and key named ISV-led solutions
• A strong understanding of AWS and/or technology as a service (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) is preferred
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
• Strong written communication skills
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
Acknowledgement of country:
In the spirit of reconciliation Amazon acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected attributes.