TEKsystems Microservices Java Developer in Mississauga, Ontario
One of TEKsystems's multi-national, award winning Construction and Consulting clients is looking to add a Microservices Java Developer to their growing team, for a full-time permanent opportunity.
Development experience with Java, J2EE, Spring Boot Framework, and building RESTful APIs from scratch in an Agile environment.
Development experience with NoSQL DB or equivalent non-relational DB (MongoDB, Cassandra, CosmosDB).
Cloud Exposure or having deployed an application on Cloud (Azure, GCP or AWS). Kubernetes and DevOps experience is a nice to have.
• Design and build functional microservices with API driven architecture
• Work with domain experts to define the bounded contexts of each domain in the business, and consolidate the APIs with Domain Driven Design (i.e. DDD) approach
• Implement microservices with modern frameworks like Spring-boot, NodeJS etc
• Build microservices with Test Driven Development (i.e., TDD) approach, and ensure unit test, integration test, as well as end-2-end test, are automated
• Deploy and monitor the microservices in a platform like cloud foundry or Kubernetes clusters hosted on AWS
• Collaborate with product owners and scrum master to prioritize value delivery in an agile environment
• “You Build It, You Run It” -- Build microservices with sufficient operational friendliness, like logging, monitoring, metrics collection, etc circuit breaking etc.
• Work with existing monolithic code to support new UI/UX layer applications (i.e. mobile, and web etc.)
• Development Experience with Spring boot & Spring cloud
• Experience in working on cloud-native solutions with a platform like cloud foundry or Kubernetes clusters hosted on a public cloud infrastructure (e.g., AWS, Azure or GCP)
• Proficient in SCM tools and best practices (Git, Maven/Gradle, Jenkins etc.)
• Previous development experience in implementing RESTful APIs
• Knowledge of OpenAPI and API Management tools (Akana, APIGEE) will be an asset
• Excellent interpersonal and highly developed communication skills (verbal and written)
• A creative and analytical thinker who is self-driven and capable of working in a fast-paced environment
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Re-architecting legacy applications in microservices, each line of business will be in an identifiable domain in its own boundary, this will allow for faster communication. i.e, finance, engineering,
Share Ownership Program (interest free loan, dividends)
RRSP Match (5% or 7k)
Benefits (Health and Dental from day one)
Vacation (3 weeks)
Employee Discounts (insurance, Good-life)
Maternity Leave (100% supplement, Top-Up 90%)
À propos de TEKsystems:
Nous sommes partenaires dans la transformation. Nous aidons les clients à activer des idées et des solutions afin de profiter d’un nouveau monde d’opportunités. Nous sommes une équipe solide de 80 000 personnes, nous travaillons avec plus de 6 000 clients, dont 80 % faisant partie du Fortune 500, partout en Amérique du Nord, en Europe et en Asie. En tant que chefs de file de l’industrie des services technologiques complets, des services aux talents et des applications du monde réel, nous travaillons avec des leaders progressistes pour favoriser le changement. C’est le pouvoir d’un vrai partenariat. TEKsystems est une société du groupe Allegis.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.