Robert Half Sr. Public Tax Accountant in NEW HYDE PARK, New York
Our client is needing a tax accountant. This position requires the ability to prepare individual, partnership, corporate, estate, fiduciary, and multi-state tax returns. You will also support the director of tax audits/appeals by providing research and documentation on federal and state income tax matters. For more information please contact Nicolette 516-260-7225
• Demonstrates knowledge of industry trends, identify client issues and conflicts; actively communicate solution options to client and team
• Prepare engagement deliverables (such as financial statements, tax returns, work papers, etc.); complete technical and strategic reviews as a member of the engagement review team to ensure quality control standards are met; ensure on time delivery and on budget
• Demonstrate excellent technical skills for handling all client responsibilities, including knowledge of trends, industries, alternatives, etc.
• Understand the client’s organization, procedures and internal policies
• Preparation and review of complex tax returns including international, federal and multi-state returns, C Corporations, S corporations, partnerships, high net worth individuals, trusts & estates, and foundations
• Understand clients’ goals and needs and assist Partners in servicing clients
• Develop and manage team relationships, client relationships and work
• Strategizing with clients and partners on tax planning
• Prepare strategic client recommendations to achieve their goals and assist in pinpointing opportunities for growth with clients
• Researching tax issues and providing guidance to clients
• Cultivate a team environment and build a positive and dynamic culture
• BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or related field
• Certified Public Accounting license or exams in progress
• Ability to complete accurate tax research
• CPA Preferred with 4+ years' experience
• Experience in CCH Prosystem fx Tax, Excel & Word
• FAS 109 experience preferred
• Previous corporate tax experience in a Big 4 or large regional public accounting firm strongly preferred
• Demonstrated leadership and supervisory ability, strong operation and project management skills
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing effectively throughout all levels of the firm, both internally and externally
• Entrepreneurial spirit, strong work ethic, be a self-starter as well as possess excellent team work skills
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.