Amazon Quality Program Manager - Operations Engineering, Operations Engineering in New York
Amazon is searching for an innovative and solutions-oriented Industrial Engineering Program Manager who is able to collaborate effectively with internal and external technical teams and be responsible for the overall quality and commissioning of the MHE systems across multiple building types.
In this role you will be responsible for overseeing a quality control and commissioning program; including: collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, defining and modifying install standards and procedures, driving project schedules, and managing the program through the qualification cycle.
The person will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current MHE technologies and storage solutions. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an innovative environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
Come help us make history!
Key job responsibilities
• Manage, design, and drive implementation of large-scale programs across multiple fulfillment building types. Material handling elements may include high-speed sortation, multiple conveyor subsystems, package lines and/or robotic work cells
• Evaluate issues and propose actionable resolutions to design and execution problems
• Monitor and enforce project schedules and quality with vendors or subcontractors
• Lead and coordinate execution efforts between internal teams and outside vendors focusing on quality improvements
• Develop and simplify processes and tools to eliminate defect injection across multiple programs
• Drive standards and consistency across North America capital execution projects
• Oversee data mining and analyze the results to provide recommendations, conclusions, and solutions
• Create and communicate meaningful high level reports to leadership regularly
• Ability to travel up to 75% to interact with internal and external business and technical leaders
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Virtual Location - NY
Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or other STEM field; or 2+ years relevant Amazon experience.
1+ years of experience as a project engineer, process engineer, project manager, manufacturing engineer or related occupation
Experience with complex MHE and packaging lines or process design based on Lean Manufacturing or Toyota Manufacturing System
Experience with Microsoft Office products: Excel, Project and Outlook.
Experience working with and managing third party vendors
Experience with Six Sigma, lean manufacturing
Master’s degree in Engineering, Operations, Business Administration, or a related STEM field.
Six Sigma Certified
2+ years’ experience related to quality control, Lean manufacturing efforts, transportation/logistics and/or fulfillment/distribution centers
General knowledge of FC operations
2+ years of experience with material handling elements such as high-speed sortation, multiple conveyor subsystems, package lines and/or robotic work cells
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $48,600/year in our lowest geographic market up to $93,500/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.