NJ Transit Senior Desktop Engineer in Newark, New Jersey
Senior Desktop Engineer
FORBES LIST OF AMERICA'S BEST EMPLOYERS 2021
Move forward with us! At NJ TRANSIT, you'll join us in transforming the third-largest transportation agency in North America. We are committed to delivering safe, reliable service that gets customers to their destinations on time--and we're looking to hire talented folks with a love of learning to make it all possible.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Support and troubleshoot hardware and software problems for desktop and laptop computers.
• Provide remote support when necessary.
• Install hardware and software on workstations.
• Set up and maintain network and telecommunications systems.
• Troubleshoot LAN, server, WIFI and connectivity issues.
• Utilize ticketing system, when necessary.
• Manage Windows Active Directory and Exchange.
• Re-image computers perform data migrations and restorations.
• Work closely with other IT employees on system maintenance and configuration projects.
• Work closely with other SLA employees on interdepartmental projects.
• Maintain accurate asset management records.
• Work with vendors and manufacturers on repair and maintenance of IT equipment.
This Position Supervises
Education, Experience and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science
• 3-5 years of desktop support experience
Knowledge and Skills
• Experience with Active Directory and Office 365.
• Experience troubleshooting network issues in large office setups.
• Experience supporting and troubleshooting printer systems.
• Familiarity with DHCP, DNS, LAN, WAN, and other common networking concepts.
• Strong customer service and communication skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
• Adjusting or moving objects up to 20 pounds in all directions.
At NJ Transit you will enjoy a competitive salary and excellent benefit package
• Comprehensive Family Health Insurance – Prescription, Dental, Vision
• Flexible Spending Account
• Life Insurance
• Paid Leave
• 401(a) and 401(k) Retirement Plans--up to 9% employer contribution
• Tuition Assistance
• Qualified Transportation Expense Plan (QTE)
At NJ TRANSIT we support and depend upon the diversity of our staff. NJ TRANSIT is an Equal Opportunity