The Coca-Cola Company Machine Operator Level 2 in Northampton, Massachusetts
The Machine Operator is responsible for, but not limited to the following:
· Production Operators are responsible for operating and maintaining all or some of the following equipment: Casers, Depalletizers, Palletizers, Single Filers, Laners, Conveyors, Ink Jet Coders and Forklifts.
· Daily operation of packaging equipment safely and efficiently to produce top quality products
· Troubleshoot machinery
· Assist with product/package/code changes on empty bottle depalletization
· Complete and accurately document all activities during shift
· Maintain equipment per manufacturers and internal specifications by ensuring the completion of PM’s, initiating work orders, and integrating into the maintenance team during rebuilds and supplementary repairs.
· Perform all Packaging Operator CIP duties and surface foaming with mechanical/manual cleaning for all other areas.
· Perform quality inspections on materials and finished product. If out of specification conditions are observed, notify responsible personnel and assist in resolution as appropriate.
· Participation in pre-shift meetings, team assignments and audits.
· Comply with all standard safety practices, safety rules, GMP and all CCNA rules and policies. Report and/or correct safety issues. Maintain proper safety conditions of equipment and surroundings.
· All other duties as assigned
· High School Diploma required.
· Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel and be capable of learning SAP Inventory Management and LIS software programs.
· Candidates must be detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills.
· Must be able to read, write, speak and comprehend English.
· Solid interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
· Must be able to multi-task in a fast- paced, stressful environment with minimum supervision.
· Ability to work extended hours, weekends and/or holidays as required.
· Follows established procedures and guidelines to form a variety of simple, manual tasks that form part of a production process; loads materials into production machines;
· removes packs and sorts raw materials or finished products;
· Collects and disposes of garbage and production waste; cleans production equipment and work areas.
· Individual contributor representing the most common entry point for this career stream; works under direct supervision.
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.