Cornerstone Building Brands Senior Software Engineer in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Senior Software Engineer
Oklahoma City, OK, USA Req #13617
Wednesday, October 13, 2021
The Senior Software Engineer role uses an analytical, engineering-focused approach and expert knowledge of programming languages to develop computer programs and ensure software is as functional and robust as the business needs. Must be adept at using a variety of technical skills, soft skills and industry knowledge to develop applications and systems. Remote position, prefer a candidate in the OKC vicinity to work remotely.
· The development of software programs or systems that align with the company’s needs. Analyze the needs of the user. Design, test and develop the software to meet those needs.
· Meeting with business professionals to strategize ideas for beneficial software, coordinating with other IT professionals to design software and running tests to catch coding errors.
· Be willing and capable to lead a team of developers to accomplish set goals and meet specific timelines.
· Use of analysis and critical thinking skills to determine and assess the needs of the business and then create software to meet the requirements.
· Applying keen attention to detail and organization to work on numerous parts of a system or application at the same time while being accurate and thorough.
· Provide clear instructions to the project team, clearly explaining how the software works to the customer and being available to answer any questions that may arise using exceptional communication skills.
· Recommend upgrades for existing systems and programs.
· Develop separate elements of the software that work well in the program as a whole.
· Create various diagrams, flowcharts and models that illustrate the type of code needed for programmers.
· Ensure continued functionality of a program during maintenance and testing of software.
· Document each aspect of a system or application as a reference for future upgrades and maintenance.
· Revisit the development process to fix bugs or address business concerns.
· Teach and train other developers. Lead other developers to accomplish above tasks.
· Full Stack Developer with both front-end and back-end skills
· Understanding of the full end-to-end development life cycle of the software from concept to deployment
· Able to maintain, optimize, and upgrade the software following deployment
· Oversee the analyzing, writing, building, and deployment of a software package
· Oversee the automated testing and provide feedback to leadership during the development process
· Oversee day-to-day maintenance and debugging of existing software
· Docker, DevOps, C++, MFC, React Js, and Office365 are pluses
· Excellent writing and communication skills.
· Able to efficiently identify and resolve issues that arise during the design, testing and maintenance processes using problem-solving skills.
· A 3-5 years' experience with a bachelor's degree, or 5-8 years' experience without a formal education.
· A strong background in programming and familiarity with multiple languages.
· Web-oriented languages with front-end and back-end skills are essential.
· Certification in various technological systems, languages, and programs are a plus.
· Typically has a bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science or another related field. Equivalent experience without a formal education also considered.
· Having a master’s degree and/or certification may also indicate a candidate’s leadership potential and dedication to ongoing learning.
Job Family IT
Job Function Information Technology
Pay Type Salary
- Oklahoma City, OK, USA