Safran IS Developer in Ontario, Ontario
Safran Landing Systems
Ontario , Ontario , Canada
More than 3 years
Any questions ?
Main Objectives / Basic Function:
This position encompasses the following activities:
- Delivering net new developments of desktop applications, web/client solutions and SharePoint 2010/2019 solutions.
b. Developments in SharePoint will include workflow, form, list and a variety of standard/enterprise feature work.
- Maintaining and/or delivering changes to existing solutions used throughout the facilities.
a. Maintaining platforms that host the solutions (WIN IIS, SharePoint, Apache, SQL etc)
b. Delivering change following and existing change management process.
This position reports directly to the Manager, Applications – North America.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Solution Development: The candidate will be required to deliver net new solutions for a variety of business requirements. Responsible for evaluating feasibility of the request and advising the Applications Manager of the recommended approach to development. Once approach is agreed upon, the candidate is responsible for the full development cycle up to and including deployment of the solution onto existing or new platforms. Developments are to be performed in the following areas:
• Web development. Including development for SharePoint 2010/2019 (Nintex Workflow and Forms development)
• Visual Studio Development (Desktop or Web based applications)
• Development in MS Office 2016 platform (Word, Access, Excel)
• M365 development (Possible)
• Database development. Primarily SQL, some MS Access
• Report Development (Power BI)
• Python Development
Duties & Responsibilities Con't:
Maintain and/or change existing solutions:
• Maintain and/or improve existing developed solutions and execute change requests.
• Design and update MS SQL databases.
• Recommend improvements to existing developed solutions as necessary.
• Upgrade existing web/dB applications to new standards.
• Maintain/upgrade and/or provide changes to existing SharePoint 2010/2019 solutions as requested.
• Follow the existing change management process when deploying updates.
• Provide 2nd & 3rd level support for solution issues as required.
• Provide administration support for SharePoint sites and solutions.
• Develop PowerShell scripts to automate repetitive daily administrations tasks and customized scripts for resolving incidents and problems to prevent recurrence.
Participate in IS Projects:
• Implementing development tasks as assigned by the IS project lead.
• Working with the IS project lead to resolve project challenges and roadblocks.
• Perform feasibilities of requests and present findings to project team.
• Preparing presentations, trainings or hand-over documentation to support the project transition into production.
Actively be involved in any Health, Safety and Environment initiatives as HS&E is every employee's responsibilities.
Skills and Core Competencies: All skills listed below are considered an asset, but we are looking for:
Work Based Competencies:
Specific development experience in the Microsoft stack is required.
SharePoint development experience is an asset
Analytical and conceptual expertise.
Excellent problem solving skills.
Project management skills
Ability to work independently, autonomously and in teams in a cross functional environment.
Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
Ability to troubleshoot issues by performing extensive research and utilizing personal and team experience
Excellent interpersonal, listening, written and oral communication skills in English. (French is a desired asset)
Customer Focus (care and service).
Strong attention to detail.
Adaptability and flexibility. Ability to change focus and adopt to changing corporate priorities
Education and/or Certifications:
Bachelor degree or diploma in the field of Information Technology specializing in Application development.
Certifications in or working towards:
MCSD: App Builder
MCSE: Business Applications
MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Dev
MCSA: Web Applications
Good working knowledge of Windows 2008/2010.
Must be able to meet Services Canada CGR/CGP requirement to a NATO level clearance.
A minimum of 3 - 5 years of related experience.
Experience with development, testing and implementation of software solutions is required.
Working experience in the manufacturing sector is an asset
Hands-on experience with SharePoint administration or development is an asset
Hands-on experience with technical requirements analysis, business process modelling and mapping is an asset.
Hands-on experience with developing training documentations and operational procedures
Specialized Knowledge: We are looking to bring someone in that can demonstrate the following:
Experience in web and software development. Including development for SharePoint 2010/2019.
Knowledge of programming using VB.Net and C# in MS Visual Studio.
Knowledge of database design.
Knowledge of development in MS Office 2016 platform.
Understanding of IS project methodology from the perspective of both client and business.
MS PowerShell Scripting knowledge.
Internal: Good communication skills required for interactions with target audiences from end users to IS Management.
External: Good communications skills required for interaction with other IS personnel at other SLS sites. French language is an asset, but not mandatory.
Safran Landing Systems Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
Specificity of the job
Travel will be limited to attending local courses or in support of other sites in North America. This travel will not be often.
Locate your future workplace
574 Monarch Avenue AjaxL1S 2G8
To view this content please accept Functional cookies.
Safran is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.