Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer in Orlando, Florida
Description: The Lab Manager/Systems Engineer (IT) will support multiple programs at the Orlando, FL Lake Underhill Lockheed Martin facility. Manages daily execution and administration of lab activities associated with the F-35 Pilot Training Devices (PTD), F-35 Maintenance Training (MxTD), F-35 Training Systems Network Infrastructure (TSNI), F-16, and Naval Operational Business Logistics Enterprise (NOBLE) programs.
This position will primarily support the F-35 Training Systems Network Infrastructure (TSNI) labs.
Performs technical planning, system integration, cost/risk and supportability analyses for lab systems. Coordinates with multiple groups to maintain an operational lab environment. Plans lab simulator system hardware and software upgrades, modifications, new facility lab space, power/HVAC upgrades. Provides configuration management of lab assets and documents system issues into a web-based tracking system. Reports lab status to development team and leadership for proactive monitoring and planning, conducts lab planning meetings. Performs government/capital property management and lab audit readiness preparations. Coordinates with security for lab visit requests, classified material moves, ensures users comply with security standards. Assignment is primarily for 1st shift work; however, program demands may require periodic 2nd shift/weekend assignments as needed.
- Experience with complex systems integration; including troubleshooting hardware and software anomalies
- Leadership skills; including coordinating tasking between multiple groups, leading meetings, developing/performing presentations and working with cross-functional teams
- System installation/test experience
- Complex project management experience, system installation planning and coordination
- Windows and/or Linux System Administration
- Network Administration
- Property management/audit experience
- Logistics and inventory management
- Lab budget planning, capital expenditure requests
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to obtain F-35 Special Access Program (SAP) access required
- CompTIA Security + Certification
- Active Directory & Group Policy Management
- Backups & Disaster Recovery
- Windows Deployment and other automated installation tools
- IAVM and STIG experience
- Standup and integration of IT hardware
- Cloud Computing
- Virtual Machines
- Test case or test procedure development
- JIRA/Confluence Atlassian web-based tools
- Simulator and trainer Lab Test Engineer skills
- Previous military and/or civilian experience maintaining or installing military systems
- Logistics and inventory management
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, effective December 8, 2021, Lockheed Martin will require all newly hired employees, in the United States, must be fully vaccinated before their start date.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.