Robert Half Accounting Manager in Palatine, Illinois
We might have your ideal Accounting Manager job, if you have with a knack for establishing and regulating an organization's accounting and finance procedures. Are you looking for a job where you will feel appreciated in your day-to-day work and be rewarded for your efforts? This is a good fit for you! Candidates who can take charge of daily operations, such as preparing and/or reviewing appropriate ledger entries and reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger system, preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, assisting with regulatory reporting as applicable, and related duties, will be preferred for this Accounting Manager position with a burgeoning governmental organization.. This Accounting Manager role is based in the Palatine, Illinois area and is a permanent employment opportunity that is not to be missed!
• Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
• Reviews monthly balance sheet and profit-and-loss statements
• Cash Receipts, Payroll and Account Payable processing
• Develop, implement, modify, and document record-keeping and accounting systems making use of current computer technology
• Perform monthly cash reconciliations and various balance sheet accounts to ensure accuracy
• Compile financial data for tax reporting to comply with federal and state government requirements
• Budget analysis
• Assist with annual audits, audit journal entries and GFOA
• GEMT Cost Reporting
• CMS Medicare Study
• Oversees recruiting of interns
• Present financials at monthly board meetings
• New client set-up and on-boarding
• Reviews and documents present accounting practices and procedures
-3+ years of experience in Accounting/Auditing
-1+ year of Quickbooks Desktop & Online
Solid understanding of Accounting Software Systems
General familiarity with Managing Budgets
Deep understanding of Audited Financial Statements
Proven knowledge of Governmental accounting is a Plus
Client communications experience preferred
Strong problem solving and analytical skills
Strong verbal and written communication skills with a customer service mindset
-Local Government experience is Preferred
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.