Lockheed Martin Avionics Communication Engineer (Level 3) in Palmdale, California
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, effective December 8, 2021, Lockheed Martin will require all newly hired employees, in the United States, must be fully vaccinated before their start date.
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine .
This Avionics Communication Engineering position is focused on design, integration, and test activities. A combination of team work, independence, and flexibility will be required in the early stages of the Program where task responsibilities may be changing. Such tasks will consists of the following: requirements decomposition, trade studies, system architecture design, and system/hardware integration planning. As the Program matures and hardware becomes available, this position will be responsible for hardware and software integration and test.
The selected candidate must be a self-starter and able to work cross-functionally with other Engineering disciplines, Program Leadership, and external Customers and Suppliers.
The Advanced Development Program (ADP) environment includes complex, integrated system requirements, aggressive milestones, and dynamic task prioritization. The selected candidate must be willing to employ innovative approaches to maximize program performance.
The selected candidate will be required to prepare and give briefings as required to Customers, technical leads and/or Lockheed Martin management. The candidate must possess exceptional people skills and oral and written communication skills.
Minimal travel may be required to Customer facilities and Lockheed Martin sites.
The candidate must possess and be able to maintain a DoD Top Secret clearance with an investigation within the last 5 years and be able to obtain a Special Access Program/Special Access Required (SAP/SAR) clearance.
A level 3 employee Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
•Paid time off
•Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
This position is in Palmdale, CA Discover Palmdale.
- A degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, System Engineering or closely related technical degree. Work related experience may be substituted for education.
- Experience with any of these systems: Communication, Navigation, Identification, Radar, RF, Electronic Warfare, Electro-Optical, Mission Computer Processors
- Experience with Aircraft development and modification
- Experience with integration & test
- Experience working as a member of a multi-disciplined team
- Knowledge of the systems development lifecycle and associated processes
- Experience with cross-functional teams focused on design, fabrication, installation and testing of avionics components and associated electrical harnesses
- Familiar with industry hardware and software protocols
- Experience with Avionics systems troubleshooting
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, collaborate with others, and engage in constructive conflict.
- Independent and self-motivated
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience using standard office software tools/solutions (e.g., Microsoft Office)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.