Lockheed Martin Technical Publications Author - S1000D - Level 3 in Palmdale, California
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, effective December 8, 2021, Lockheed Martin will require all newly hired employees, in the United States, must be fully vaccinated before their start date.
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine .
The one and only Skunk Works® has a 75-year track record developing aircraft systems that push the boundaries and raise the bar of what is possible. Known for responding quickly and quietly to national needs, the Skunk Works is a trusted partner focused on the warfighters’ mission success. By never shying away from the seemingly unsolvable challenge, the Skunk Works team has developed a reputation for solving hard problems quickly, quietly and at or under cost and schedule requirements.
This position is an opportunity with the historic Skunk Works for a Technical Publications Author to produce S1000D compliant Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals. A Level 3 Aircraft Maintenance Support Staff Engineer Typically has a minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience. Some of your responsibilities are listed below:
• Work with engineers and pilots to produce flight manuals, checklists, general system manuals, job guides and inspection manuals.
• Interpret technical drawings, wiring, schematic diagrams, and fluid flow charts to verify technical orders match the configuration for appropriate aircraft type versions.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
This position is in Palmdale, CA Discover Palmdale.
This position is at a facility that requires special access and does not support working virtually.
• The applicant must be a US Citizen.
• An active Secret Clearance is required to apply for this position.
NOTE: This position is contingent on the applicant undergoing an additional background check and receiving program access approval.
• Active Secret security clearance required to be considered.
• Experience authoring aircraft technical manuals.
• Experience interpreting complex technical drawings, wiring diagrams, schematics, and manufacturer specifications.
• Familiar with Technical Order System requirements or equivalent.
• Ability to travel multiple times per year.
• Experience working with Technical Publications software
• Experience authoring Technical Orders using ArborText.
• Familiarity with the S1000D International Specification for Technical Publications.
• Experience evaluating technical manual changes, the understanding of aircraft inspection requirements and familiar with TO 00-5-1 AF Technical Order System requirements or equivalent is highly desired.
• Experience with electronic technical manuals, task relationships.
• The ideal candidate will possess an ability to work as a liaison with US Air Force customer, system engineering, partner companies and team members to communicate complex requirements.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.