Texas Health Resources Patient Advocate, Registered Nurse - Full Time, Days in Plano, Texas
Patient Advocate, Registered Nurse
Our Risk Management Department is looking for an experienced Patient Advocate to join their team!
Is that you?
Work location: Texas Health Plano, 6200 West Parker Road, Plano, Texas 75093
Work hours: Full Time, 40 Hours, 8:30am – 5:00pm
Risk Management Department highlights:
· Dynamic team who work independently and collaboratively
· Press Ganey High Reliability approach to Patient Safety and Risk Management
· Work closely with hospital managers, executive team, and peers across the system
· Opportunity for educational and career growth
Here’s What You Need
· Associate degree from an accredited Nursing program
· Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
· Other - CLIAFE Must comply with CLIA regulations regarding foreign education equivalency required
· 3 years hospital acute experience required
· 2-3 year of risk management experience preferred
· Strong professional writing skills
· Experience working in the full suite of Microsoft
· RN - Registered Nurse upon hire required
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), strong organizational abilities, strong service orientation, sensitivity to patients needs, ability to deal with a variety of healthcare organization/delivery, satisfaction measurement, personalities w/tact & diplomacy, flexibility
· Quantitative skills, expert computer skills including word processing, Survey Monkey, and database software. Presentation facilitation, and training experience, Bilingual preferred
What You Will Do
· Receive complaints and/or grievances directly from patients or others on the patient's behalf by multiple methods (phone, letters, in person, etc). Reviews, research and evaluate complaints and grievances to determine appropriate response based on CMS guidelines and hospital policy.
· Prioritize concerns in multiple or complex issues.
· Oversee referral, investigation, and resolution of complaints/grievances independently and coordinate response by involved departments.
· Maintain compliance with the CMS Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Conditions of Participation, other regulatory standards and hospital policy.
· Respond to government or regulatory complaints and responds to agencies as needed.
· Serve as grievance coordinator for entity.
· Facilitate required grievance committee as well as prepare annual reporting as outlined in the CMS Conditions of Participation.
Since 1991, Texas Health Plano has served the communities of Plano, Frisco, Carrollton, Addison, Richardson, and McKinney. We’re a 386-bed, full-service hospital serving North Texas with incredible care and amazing people. We specialize in emergency medicine and trauma, cardiology, neurosurgery and spine, advanced orthopedics, women’s services, adult and adolescent behavioral health, an adult intensive care unit and state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services. Plus, we’re a Level II Trauma Facility, the only health care facility in Collin County to have achieved both the Level IV NICU and Level IV Maternal facility designation and have a DNV-certified Comprehensive Stroke Program.
Texas Health Plano is a four-time Magnet-designated hospital, the only AACN Beacon Gold adult intensive care unit in the DFW area, accredited by the Joint Commission in Hip and Knee Replacement and a Primary Heart Attack Center. We offer top-notch benefits including an on-site childcare center created for working parents. You belong here.
Additional perks of being a Texas Health Nurse
· Benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, Paid Parental Leave, flex spending, tuition reimbursement, Student Loan Repayment Program, well as several other benefits.
· Delivery of high quality of patient care through nursing education, nursing research and innovations in nursing practice.
· Strong Unit Based Council (UBC).
· A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for growth.
· Explore our Texas Health careers site (https://jobs.texashealth.org/) for info like Benefits (https://jobs.texashealth.org/benefits) , Job Listings by Category (https://jobs.texashealth.org/professions) , recent Awards (https://jobs.texashealth.org/awards) we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Texas Health requires a resume when an application is submitted.Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.