Mackenzie Health Pharmacy Technician in Richmond Hill, Ontario
Pharmacy Technician - MRHH
Reporting to the Manager, Pharmacy Services, the registered Pharmacy Technician is responsible for performing technical tasks related to medication distribution in the hospital.
Contribute to safe, quality care by
• Medication distribution to patient care areas, utilizing automated dispensing cabinets and central pharmacy automation.
• Perform best possible medication history with patients to facilitate medication reconciliation.
• Preparation of unit dose medications and compounded medications in accordance with NAPRA standards.
• Directing patient and staff queries to areas accordingly.
• Issuing and delivering narcotics/controlled medications to the patient care areas.
• Maintaining the department's medication inventory control system and appropriate records in keeping with pharmacy regulations and established procedures.
• Assist Clinical Pharmacists as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
What must you have?
• Current registration with the Ontario College of Pharmacists (OCP) as a Pharmacy Technician.
• Pharmacy Technician diploma from an accredited program (or an equivalent combination of education and experience if licensed through OCP bridging program).
What else do you bring?
• Proven attendance record.
• Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Preferably, your profile also includes:
• Unit dose and sterile compounding experience, preferred.
• Previous related experience in a health care environment, an asset.
• Familiarity with pharmacy automation, an asset.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office.
*You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Mackenzie Health's Occupational Health and Safety department.
Competition Number: 2023-10741
Job Status: Permanent Part Time
Shift: Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends
Job Title: PHARMACY OPERATIONS MANAGER
Street: 10 Trench Street