Anthony Jordan Health Corp REFERRAL CLERK/INTERPRETER in ROCHESTER, New York
ROCHESTER, NY (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=82+Holland+St+ROCHESTER+NY+USA+14605) • Medical Records
The health services that became theAnthony L Jordan Health Corporation (http://www.jordanhealth.org/) (Jordan Health) began more than 100 years ago, in 1904. As one of the first 5 Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC) established in the nation, its roots are steeped in service to those who face barriers to health and health care, meeting their need for comprehensive medical, dentistry, behavioral health, and community services. Starting in northeast Rochester, NY, Jordan Health has since expanded to become a network of primary care offices and health centers serving residents living in three quadrants ofRochester, NY (http://www.city-data.com/city/Rochester-New-York.html) and in Canandaigua, N.Y.
Jordan Health is now seeking aReferrals Clerk/Interpreterwho, under the guidance of the Director of Quality Assurance, is primarily responsible for processing and obtaining transportation request and medical referrals for specialty appointments, as requested by family medicine/pediatric providers, and communication with the patients.
If you want to apply your specialized experience and education in an environment where you can make a difference and significantly impact patients’ quality of life, please consider ourReferrals Clerk/Interpreteropportunity.
TheReferrals Clerk/Interpreterwill ensure that:
· Retrieval and processing of internal and external referrals as requested by providers.
· Check patients' insurance to determine if prior authorization is needed.
· Processes on site transportation request made by patients and/or providers.
· Communicate with providers regarding correspondence and other issues relating to the referral and transportation processes.
· Acts as an Interpreter between Spanish speaking patients and health care providers as well as nurses, receptionist, relatives, etc. and handles phone calls requiring an Interpreter.
· Provides back up as necessary to other Referral Clerk/Interpreters.
Education And Experience Required:
· High School diploma or equivalent required.
· One year of directly related experience in a health care setting is strongly preferred.
· Bilingual Required.
Licenses And Certifications:
· Certification in Medical Interpreting from accredited program upon placement or achievement of Medical Interpreting Certification within six months of placement, subject to program availability, as a condition of continued employment.
Special Skills, Knowledge Required:
Must be able to demonstrate competency in:
· Attention to detail and absolute accuracy are very important so as not to accidently place the center in a high-risk situation.
· Ability to work with fellow workers in close proximity.
· Ability to concentrate in a highly interruptive atmosphere and ability to be flexible due to changing work environment.
· Good interpersonal human relation skills are a necessity.
· Fluent in English is a must.
· Bilingual in Spanish is required.
Benefits: Jordan Health offers a competitive salary and full benefits offering including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 403b retirement plan. We offer Professional Development allowance.
Jordan Health offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
About Jordan Health:
Jordan Health is an independent FQHC, with Level III Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) designation through the National Committee on Quality Assurance. Jordan Health receives funding from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Jordan Health is a network of outpatient primary care offices with providers who follow a panel of patients. While independent, Jordan Health actively collaborates with the major hospital and healthcare systems in our operating area to provide a total safety net of healthcare services.