Allergan Account Specialist, Anti-Infective - East Bay, CA in San Francisco, California
The Account Specialist (Anti-Infective) is responsible for educating physicians on the clinical benefits of hospital administered products in order to expand product utilization within the institutional setting. This position regularly calls on institutions including Teaching, Community, and Government accounts. These accounts may include clinics, pharmacies, Critical Care units, and other various departments within a hospital setting. Day-to-day responsibilities include calling on a wide variety of health care professionals including Primary Care Physicians, Specialists, Pharmacists, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Fellows, Residents, and all other health care professionals involved in writing, advising, and/or dispensing products within our portfolio. The Account Specialist (Anti-Infective) must understand how products are purchased, ordered, and administered in hospitals including formulary process and reimbursement policies in targeted institutions and systems. This position involves working with appropriate teammates (e.g. Managed Care counterparts, External Scientific Affairs) to enhance technical visibility and enhance company visibility in all accounts to maximize sales in the assigned territory.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Candidates should possess a minimum of 3 years’ experience in medical and/ or pharmaceutical industry.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills and to interface with different departments throughout the organization.
- Applies a range of traditional and non-traditional problem-solving techniques to think through and solve issues creatively to improve performance and company effectiveness.
- Ability to build rapport and relationships in an institutional environment to make an immediate impact in front of health care professionals.
- Highly effective organizational skills to balance multiple priorities.
- Candidates should have experience influencing formulary decisions as well as knowledge of the institutional (hospital) sales environment and managed care markets.
- Advanced business analytical skills to identify trends, opportunities and threats to then determine actions to drive business or overcome challenges. Able to adapt to corporate reporting tools.
- Strong documented sales results over time.
- Demonstrates solid clinical product knowledge.
- Computer Skills; Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Some overnight travel may be required.
- Candidates must be able to successfully pass background, motor and drug screen investigations.
- Scientific major/minor/background desirable.
- Antibiotic background with a proven track record in IV/infusible antibiotics is preferred.
- Experience in the healthcare industry involving interaction with physicians, patients, etc. Experience in educating or influencing targeted customers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Allergan, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.