AHMC Healthcare Assistant Laboratory II in San Gabriel, California
Performs various duties associated with clinical laboratory functions which are technical and clerical in nature. These tasks encompass but are not limited to such acts as specimen processing, telephone communication, filing, use of hospital/laboratory systems for ordering and registering patients. Demonstrates a willingness and ability to perform all assigned tasks.This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of San Gabriel Valley Medical Center. It is expected that the employee will demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values. The employee shall support San Gabriel Valley Medical Center’s strategic plan and the goals and direction of the Performance Improvement Plan (PIP).
· Completes phlebotomy within required time frames.
· Correctly differentiates between normal/abnormal findings.
· Incorporates functional/developmental age into care.
· Provides instruction on phlebotomy tests/procedures.
· Follows patient identification protocol
· Receipt and recording of specimens.
· Processing of specimens.
· Reporting results of specimen testing.
· Peripheral venipuncture.
· Pediatric heel sticks.
· Capillary blood draw.
· Administration of glucose tolerance tests.
· Arterial punctures (after appropriate certification)
· Blood cultures
· Microbiology specimen set-ups
· STAT and ASAP requests
· Obtains necessary training prior to initial equipment use.
· Assures equipment is in operating order prior to use.
· Uses the following equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s operating instructions. Including, but not limited to:
· Microbiology equipment
· Phlebotomy trays
· Personal protective equipment
· Urinalysis equipment
· Assists outpatients in a prompt and courteous manner.
· Keeps phlebotomy area clean, organized and well stocked.
· Trains new lab assistants.
· Investigates problem orders/specimens and follows through to resolution.
· Other duties as assigned.
High school education
Science background, laboratory experience preferred
Basic computer experience preferred
Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
Phlebotomy Certification or documented experience with references
iCIMS Assigned Requisition ID: req18294
External Company Name: AHMC Healthcare
Street: 438 W. Las Tunas Drive