Skyworks Lab Supervisor in San Jose, California
Apply now »
Date:Aug 27, 2021
Location: San Jose, CA, US
If you are looking for a challenging and exciting career in the world of technology, then look no further. Skyworks is an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors whose solutions are powering the wireless networking revolution. At Skyworks, you will find a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on global collaboration, minimal layers of management and the freedom to make meaningful contributions in a setting that encourages creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Our work culture values diversity, social responsibility, open communication, mutual trust and respect. We are excited about the opportunity to work with you and glad you want to be part of a team of talented individuals who together can change the way the world communicates.
Requisition ID: 65886
R&D Lab Supervisor
Join our fast-paced, innovative team supporting the design and development of cutting-edge RF semiconductors. As the R&D Lab Supervisor, you will be responsible for all testing functions in a highly advanced RF lab. Working with a talented team, you will collaborate across the site to identify and source new component needs, manage multiple calibration schedules, and ensure sufficient inventory of off-the-shelf lab supplies to support the team’s dynamic R&D needs. Manages maintenance and repair of equipment and tools minimizing downtime. Builds and repairs custom test benches. Our team is proud to contribute in a high-tech cutting-edge environment with a highly collaborative team.
- Manage and coordinate lab activities in support of product development
• Determine short-term and long-term lab needs to support new product development
• Provides technical assistance to engineers and technicians when needed
- Planning, active management, and maintenance of lab facilities, equipment, and supplies
• Manages automated test systems, RF component inventory, and yearly calibration schedules
• Participates in the definition and implementation of corporate ESD policies
• Ensures compliance with quality regulations and participate in the ISO9001/IATF-16949 audit
• Orders and maintains a sufficient stock of RF lab supplies
• Capital equipment planning, management, and purchasing
• Installs automation software patches and firmware updates
• Troubleshoots and repairs test equipment as necessary
• Setup and reconfigures test benches for project-specific needs
Candidate must possess 6 years related experience
Associates’ Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electronics preferred
Previous experience with RF tests and measurements
An understanding of basic RF measurement equipment; component/system-level troubleshooting and repair.
Preferably has hands-on experience testing RF power amplifiers.
The candidate must have excellent communication skills.
Ensures lab processes are optimized, efficient and have a continuous improvement mindset
Strong critical thinker with a focus on process improvement
Previous experience with the following equipment/tools: RF spectrum analyzers, vector network analyzers, multimeters, power meters, RF amplifiers, power supplies, probe stations, and RF sources is required. An understanding of RF component characteristics, performance advantages, and trade-offs. PXI knowledge is a plus
Software Knowledge:MS Windows Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.) Test equipment communication schemes and utilization (PXI, VISA, SCPI, GPIB, etc.)
Understand Scattering Parameter measurements and RF system calibration methodologies (Scalar/Vector Error Correction). Experience with cellular handset signals and measurements (2G/3G/4G/4.5G).
Working knowledge of MS Visio, Atlassian JIRA, Autodesk AutoCAD and C/C++
Skyworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market:San JoseNearest Secondary Market:Palo Alto Job Segment: Manager, Electrical, Engineer, Firmware, Network, Management, Engineering, Technology
Apply now »
Find similar jobs: