VF Corporation Manager, Risk (Safety/Loss Prevention) in Santa Fe Springs, California
Oversee safety and risk mitigation, security, and other directed initiatives for large distribution center.
This role has a strong focus on safety, incident investigations, auditing, training, recordkeeping, workers compensation, security, sustainability, ethics compliance, employee relations, and program development/ implementation for location.
Ensure compliance and implementation of global health and safety and security programs for the Vans DC.
Provide leadership team with guidance on health and safety and security, and confirm compliance with industry, local, state, and federal guidelines and regulations.
Work with vendors and contractors to negotiate services that effectively and efficiently support primary protection functions. Implement contractor safety program to set VF safety and security expectations with contractors prior to beginning work.
Responsible for leading confidential investigations into safety related investigations, such as: safety incidents, drug/alcohol suspected use, and property damage incidents.
Evaluate facility practices and procedures to assess risk and adherence to safety policy. Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention methods.
Manage safety KPI’s and reporting for the Vans DC utilizing VF’s safety management system, ProcessMap. Responsible for managing CalOsha and other applicable regulatory recordkeeping requirements.
Ensure all safety related incidents at the Vans DC in Santa Fe Springs are discussed, followed up on by the leadership team, with appropriate actions taken to resolve outstanding opportunities and corrective actions.
Manage oversight of workers compensation claims and process within the Vans DC location.
Maintain and implement emergency action plans for the SFS DC
Deliver safety training in a clear, concise and effective manner. Manage and maintain recordkeeping documentation.
Lead and facilitate monthly health and safety committee to establish communication and cooperation between employees and management to promote health and safety in the workplace
Timely completion of required safety audits for the Vans DC and follow up of action items.
Regularly meet with VF Health and Safety team to ensure compliance standards are met, company goals are achieved, and shared best practice is being implemented.
Develop, implement and maintain loss prevention guidelines and operating procedures for Vans DC.
Work closely with Law Enforcement officials on the investigation and/or detention of persons committing or suspected of committing crimes.
Ensure facility remains in compliance with security requirements set forth by best practice standards, Customs/Border Protection, and the Department of Homeland Security.
Develop, implement and maintain monthly security audits and annual FTZ physical security audits.
Develop, implement and maintain physical security guidelines and operating procedures for the Vans DC.
Manage the Vans security team (3rd part), advise on post order needs, meet regularly with their security management to maximize security standards.
Years of related professional experience… 8 years work experience, 2 years managing people, Safety/WC experience
Educational/ Position Requirements
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
Direct safety, security, LP related training and/ or certification preferred.
OSHA or Cal/OSHA Authorized trainer preferred.
Direct Workers Compensation experience preferred.
Direct distribution center operations experience preferred.
Background check, fingerprinting, and references required.
Travel 25% required.
Basic knowledge and understanding of OSHA regulations required.
Attention to detail, acute observation, and analytical skills are essential.
Communicate clearly, timely, and consistently.
Able to manage others through influence, professionally and respectfully.
Experience in conducting legal and ethical investigations.
MUST work with discretion, professionalism, and maintain confidentiality at all times.
Strong knowledge of word processing, reporting, presenting programs strongly desired.
Should have strong understanding of CCTV, surveillance methods, key/core protocols, alarm functions, access control, and other security related areas.
Wicklander/ Zulawski or other like interrogation/ interview training preferred.
Mental/ Physical Requirements:
Investigate claims and data prior to providing outcomes.
Able to walk long distances (one mile +) at times.
- Responsible for supervising the analysts involved in the data gathering and analysis of information pertaining to the investigation and follow-up of incidents involving products/services* May make recommendation for risk minimization programs
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field Equivalent years of experience in a substantially similar industry may be considered in lieu of a degree to be determined by the nature of the specific job and the hiring manager’s criteria Generally eight years of progressive experience with two years of supervisory experience* Strong organization and communication skills * Proficient PC skills
Knowledge & Application:
- Knowledge of principles and practices within a professional discipline* Through leadership, directs the application of existing principles* Integrates and communicates fairly complex information within the specialization or recognized body of formal knowledge
- Resolve issues that are differing, but related* Issues require sophisticated analytical or problem solving techniques to identify cause* Devises solutions based on limited information and uses past experience or precedent to identify solutions or to adapt existing approaches to resolve issues* Uses evaluation, judgment, and interpretation to help others select right course of action, which may impact the longer term
- Interprets and explains information to audiences who are not familiar with the subject matter often requiring persuasion* Adapts style to differing audiences* Requires objective review of difficult work problems, obtaining cooperation or approval* Requires considerable resourcefulness* Requires strong multicultural awareness to appropriately deliver messages
- Impact is generally limited to the achievement of short- to medium-term goals; may be required to develop and manage operational initiatives to realize operational and strategic plans* Contributes to delivery of departmental goals through personal effort or through influence over team members* Has contributory impact on team/discipline performance
- Accountable for meeting short- to medium-term targets which impact the department/discipline* Takes action to monitor costs related to own work and that of the team* People management responsibility for pay reviews, performance management, and resource planning
VF Diversity Vision Statement VF is committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. The continued success and growth of VF is enhanced through initiatives that promote diversity throughout VF around the world.VF is an equal employment opportunity/ affirmative action employer of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled. VF is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our VF associates and VF applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.