Weyerhaeuser Stores & Planning Manager in Simsboro, Louisiana
This is a salaried exempt position at Weyerhaeuser’s Arcadia Oriented Strand Board (OSB) manufacturing facility located in Simsboro, Louisiana. Arcadia is 20 minutes west of Ruston, 30 minutes east of Minden, and an hour south of the Louisiana/Arkansas state line.
The Mill Stores & Planning Manager coordinates the purchase of supplies and raw materials for the mill. In addition, the Manager serves as a liaison between the Mill Lead Team, Procurement and Supply Management (P&SM) and external vendors. The role reports to the Maintenance Manager.
The Mill Stores and Planning Manager is expected to be a role model in our safety standards and on-the-job behavior by living our core values of Integrity, Citizenship, Sustainability and Inclusion. Principles of integrity, fairness, creating a positive and inclusive work environment and ensuring open communication among leaders and associates are key to the success of this role.
The Store Materials Manager is responsible for:
- Safely managing storeroom & purchasing associates to include hiring, planning work, supervising work, evaluating job performance and conducting salary reviews
- Directing of the purchasing, tracking, receiving and onsite distribution of materials
- Performance of routine procurement and transaction processing activities
- Review of purchase requests and coordination with plant associates to develop specifications
- Sourcing of a wide variety of commodities and services
- Preparation and publishing of specifications for bids, evaluate bid responses, verify history of supplier safety & service and ability to meet contract specifications
- Interviewing of vendors to obtain information regarding safety, quality, service & competitive pricing and provide recommendations
- Pursuit of opportunities to consolidate purchases and supply management across the region
- Leading and assurance of compliance with environmental & safety initiatives
- Assisting with capital projects
- Closely partnering with the maintenance department to provide superior service in preventive & routine maintenance activities
- Assurance of vendor compliance with site safety requirements & orientation
- Training of associates and vendors in procedural requirements for site purchasing and materials management
- Resolution of service and inventory disputes between site management and vendors
- Qualifications - External
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in manufacturing or supply management
- Ability to research products/services by analyzing data and identifying cost effective options
- Working knowledge of accounting functions (i.e. ability to complete purchase orders)
- Effective problem-solving techniques and ability to make process improvement recommendations
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and electronic communication skills
- Commitment to professional ethical standards
- Customer-orientation and focus (both internal and external)
- Demonstrated ability to raise performance by building and maintaining positive relationships with all associates through coaching, development and instilling a continuous improvement mind-set
- Ability to handle large volume of work, manage multiple priorities simultaneously, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Office, other windows-based programs and internet skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business or related field
- Leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- Work experience in a wood products manufacturing environment
- Experience in bidding, negotiating, preparing and administering contracts and agreements
- Knowledge of Maximo, SAP or another computerized maintenance management system
About Wood Products
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
*We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. *
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose.
Job: *Procurement, Logistics, & Transportation
Title: *Stores & Planning Manager *
Requisition ID: 01017977