Kiewit Corporation Project Manager - Municipal Water/Wastewater in Tampa, Florida
Requisition ID: 125467
Job Level: Senior Level
Department: Construction Operations
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for job site management and oversee the administrative and technical aspects of construction projects.
Kiewit’s mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we are building hospitals to support the community, boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else.
Kiewit's Water Facilities South group is one of Kiewit's leading water/wastewater districts specializing in constructing water treatment facilities, wastewater treatment facilities, and desalination plants. Although we are headquartered in Dallas TX, with regional offices in Miami FL and Atlanta GA, we also pursue various projects stretching across the country. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about infrastructure and committed to the construction industry as opposed to design. Because our people receive continuous and extensive training, hands-on experience and challenging responsibilities from the day they join our team, they quickly develop the expertise that has earned our district its reputation as the premier contractor in the southeast United States.
Overall Florida market.
• Manage and direct project teams by providing communication, coordination and follow-up to meet project goals and objectives; ensure project scope or work, schedule and budget are clearly defined and understood.
• Establish project procedures consistent with contractual documents and quality plans for all engineering work; determine and oversee all project controls, schedules and budgets.
• Serve as project representative with client, constructor, subcontractors, and vendors at kick-off meetings, job walks, project review, and other meetings and correspondence.
• Coordinate training and compliance measures to ensure project procedures are followed.
• Identify and secure necessary approvals for all changes in project scope, budget and/or schedule.
• Maintain ongoing communication with client, making adjustments as necessary to comply with client needs within contractual obligations, or adjust project deliverables to meet client and Kiewit needs.
• Ensure all work products are consistent with industry standards and in accordance with good engineering practice and applicable codes, and in compliance with all pertinent legal codes and requirements.
• Provide ongoing training and mentoring to entry and midlevel engineers to promote employee development.
• Utilize extensive knowledge of basic engineering fundamentals and practices to track and budget progress with project milestones.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering in any discipline from a four-year college or university
• Minimum 10 years’ experience managing overall project scope specifically on government or municipal water/wastewater construction projects.
• Minimum 5 years’ managing projects of self-performed construction projects.
• Competent in the use of computer software applications used for project control and administration, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.