Cisco UI Developer - Security in Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
What You'll Do
You will build the "front door" for a novel security Cloud Platform, crafting amazing user experiences for Cisco's customers by building new features and implementing simple and elegant solutions that balance current needs while keeping an eye on the future. You would be expected to contribute in the following ways
• Write readable and reusable code, following SOLID principles and other guidelines
• Focus on understanding long-term goals and minimizing technical debt
• Use systems thinking and mindfulness to develop a deep understanding of how individual modules align with the entire product
• Commit to building quality products, and take ownership for performance and security
• Learn from mistakes and embrace the continuous improvement philosophy
Who You'll Work With
You will work with best-in-class engineers and technical leads on an agile team that owns their outcomes. We care about stunning design, great UX, and good engineering practices -- we love to write software that is secure, tested, easy to maintain, responsive, and performant. This is an outstanding opportunity to be part of a group that is driving an innovative technical roadmap for next generation applications and cloud services using today's most advanced technologies.
Who You Are
Your passion is crafting delightful user experiences, specializing in the front-end. You love improving the efficiency and quality of code. You have deep knowledge of your domain and ability to learn and adapt to changing needs and priorities. Staying on top of fast-moving trends in web development is likely a hobby for you. While you love coming up with great ideas, you are also humbled by those with different perspectives and the incredible value they add to your work.
Required Skills And Experience
• 5+ years of experience in enterprise UI development
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong knowledge of Angular/React, HTML5, CSS, consuming RESTful services
• Proven experience on at least one large-scale project
• Experience with Cloud Services in one or more platforms; AWS, Azure, Google from a developer perspective
• Working knowledge of accessibility standards
• A drive for efficiency and collaboration, with a history of establishing great relationships with UX and Product Management teams across time zones
• A commitment to quality, technical excellence and results
• Creativity and flexibility in using various technologies to solve human problems
• Serverless technologies like AWS Lambda, Firebase functions
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.