iHeartMedia Full Time Helicopter News Pilot - KANSAS CITY in Topeka, Kansas
Total Traffic + Weather Network
Current employees and contingent workers click here (https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$4482.htmld) to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
The audio revolution is here – and iHeart is leading it! From broadcast radio to digital streaming radio to podcasting, audio continues to grow – and iHeart, which reaches 90% of Americans every month, is the #1 audio company in America across every one of those platforms. We’re the home of many of the country’s most popular and trusted on-air personalities and podcast influencers; we build important connections with hundreds of communities across America; we create and produce some of the most popular and well-known branded live music events in America; and we have the only complete audio ad technology stack in the industry for all forms of audio, from on demand to broadcast radio, digital streaming radio and podcasting. Only one company in America has the #1 position in everything audio: iHeartMedia.
If you’re excited about this role but don’t feel your experience aligns perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At iHeartMedia we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace and are looking for teammates passionate about what we do!
What We Need:
Experienced R-44 Pilot to fly Electronic News Gathering (ENG) flights for our Kansas City market. Based out of Johnson County Airport (KOJC)
What You'll Do:
• Conducts pre-flight checks and routine maintenance on navigation, safety, and operating systems to ensure aircraft is fully operational.
• Interfaces with air traffic controllers regarding flight routes, weather conditions, etc.
• Tracks flight hours to determine schedule for preventative maintenance; ensures instruments are certified in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations.
• Maintains written and computerized flight logs and aircraft/pilot records to comply with FAA regulations and other federal guidelines.
• Participates in training and remains current on FAA Airworthiness Directives and related periodic publications.
• Operates aircraft safely and efficiently to the maximize cost effectiveness of each fight.
• Requires flexibility in work schedules since the pilot works Mon-Fri and standby on weekends.
What You'll Need:
• Must have Robinson R44 PIC time and meet SFAR 73 requirements
• Customer focus
• Tolerance for stress in dealing with difficult situations and personalities
• Flexibility around flight times
• Ability to withstand demanding on-the-job flying times with early starts and late finishes
• Minimum of 500 hours total pilot time, or 400 hrs with a Certified Flight Instructor License with Dual Instruction Given
• Graduate of the Robinson Safety Course and Certified Flight School preferred
• Commercial Rotorcraft License (helicopter) or add-on to Commercial Pilot’s License.
• FAA Class 1 or 2 Medical Certificate required
• Certified flight instructor and Instrument Rating preferred
**Based out of North Perry Airport (KOJC)
What You'll Bring:
Respect for others and a strong belief that others should do this in return
Subject matter expertise to conceive and communicate original ideas
A growth mindset with knowledge sharing and mentorship within the team
Open communication about a variety of complex ideas to encourage a broad point of view and build a team consensus
Strong desire for collaboration between teams
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Commitment to continuous process improvement for overall team effectiveness
Advanced problem-solving techniques
Salary to be determined by multiple factors including but not limited to relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and alignment with market data.
$25.60 - $35.20
VIRTUAL CST, KS
iHeartMedia’s benefits offering is flexible and offers a variety of choices to meet the diverse needs of our changing workforce, including the following:
Employer sponsored medical, dental and vision with a variety of coverage options
Company provided and supplemental life insurance
Paid vacation and sick time
Paid company holidays, including a floating holiday that enable our employees to celebrate the holiday of their choosing
A Spirit day to encourage and allow our employees to more easily volunteer in their community
A 401K plan
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at no cost – services include telephonic counseling sessions, consultation on legal and financial matters, emotional well-being, family and caregiving
A range of additional voluntary programs, such as spending accounts, student loan refinancing, accident insurance and more!
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here (https://www.e-verify.gov/employees) to learn about E-Verify.
iHeartMedia is the number one audio company in the United States, reaching nine out of 10 Americans every month – we specialize in radio, digital, social, podcasts, influencers, data, and events across the nation and provide premier opportunities for advertisers.
Visit iHeartMedia.com to learn more about us.